Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

DCEmu Newbie

I agree with everyone not being able to save is the worst thing about the console and the sound quality on some games is not the best. Atgames also don't answer their emails.

Has anyone tried playing phantasy star 3 on one of these ? the sound is really bad, which is a shame cause most games the sound itsnt exactly the same as the original but pretty close.

if you need to translate the tectoy site thats in brazilian to look up ther MD PLAY the brazilan version of the gopher copy and paste http://www.tectoy.com.br/ in to a yahoo or google search box then when the search comes up click trasnlate to open the site in english then you can see the MD PLAY game cards they have on there with new games.

DCEmu Newbie

Once I saw a video at youtube.com about sega and "blaze" and the guy said
    that sega is going to release some games to download, and then you could put in a SD card and play!

DCEmu Newbie

This is the video that i said. I made some mistakes because I forgot some things. But you can see and draw your own conclusions! It shows the old mega drive/genesis portable with 3 buttons!

DCEmu Newbie

There was another video from the makers of the the original and there they said the were gonna make 64-bit games for their new console, the firecore or whatever, they had a game console, same as firecore, that accepted SD-cards, same as this, and they would distribute the games via an online service? maybe. Anyway, lets see if we could get save-states working

Also: if you save in-game, can you load it? does it work at all? :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

there is no save feature at all ingame or save states.

i've tried sonic 3 shining force 1 and 2 exile phantasy star 2, 3 and 4. when you start phantasy star the game says the save files arent working and in shining force when you go to start a game there is already 2 saves games on it neither work.

An ingame save feature would be great save states i can live without.

DCEmu Newbie

I'll buy one for my girlfriend, 'cause she likes Alex Kidd and Sonic

DCEmu Newbie

i really think that there is a possibility to make ingame-save-states on the gopher, we just dont know how. because i can not imagine that at@games forgot such an important feature. but like it said, they dont answer mails about questions to the gopher maybe i must write "i have a firecore-game here on my sd-card, how can i save?" ***LOL***
    i go on trying different things with an ingame-save-state from GENS PLUS emulator which i copied to the sd-card of the gopher. i think the secret has to do with the name of the game-saves folder in which the save-states must be in.

and one info more for all people here:
    i bought me a dingoo a-320 last week which can also emulate the mega-drive and many other consoles and computers. its a very good handheld and can do much more than the gopher, which is normal, because its more expensive and made for more things.

but when you just compare the mega-drive emulation of the gopher and the dingoo i must say this: the dingoo-emulator is more compatible with games, which means it runs really almost every mega-drive-game BUT on the gopher the emulation runs more smooth. this could be good seen in SONIC. the gopher seems to have NO FRAMESKIP at all in the games that runs on it, which is very good. on the dingoo the games also runs good when you find a good configuration for the emulator, but not as good as on the gopher until now. but lets see, when new versions of the emulator on the dingoo (pico-drive) comes out, maybe than it runs also on the dingoo without any frameskip.
    but the dingoo makes save-states and they work. i copied a dingoo savestate to the gopher *lol* but the gopher could not read it.

the dingoo until now can emulate: mega-drive (genesis), super-nes, atari-st, atari800xl, atari-vcs 2800 and 7800, pc-engine, nes, master-sytem, c-64 (very cool, its a port of the VICE emu and runs superb), many arcade-games, neo-geo, game boy advance, game boy color. so, many many things. but like i said, not all systems perfect until now, but you can update the emulators on it.

okay, back to the gopher now.
    Last edited by AW72; November 24th, 2009 at 21:51.

DCEmu Newbie

Well, my gopher was sent to the US instead of directly to brasil, (hong-kong to brasil only takes a month, and hong-kong to states to brasil takes 5 months or so), and in the states the package was stolen, so i wont be getting a new one for a year or so. This is the fourth game handheld that i have bought that has been stolen, along with some cellphones. Still see if you can get save-states to work.

DCEmu Newbie

Smile

So far out of the 380 genesis games i have ive only had problems with lion king, virtua racing and all 32x games. Lion king crashes sometimes at the start screen and when it doesnt the picture in game is messed up. Virtua racing seems to not run at all and all 32x games say not compatible with console use a 32x.
    So compatibility is pretty good on the gopher handheld.

I hope we can spread the word and get more people to buy these then we will have more people working on getting games to save and possibly other interesting things like getting sega master system games to work on this or even Game gear.

my previously comment on gopher having stereo sound with earphones, i have my doubts i think its dual mono sound not stereo.

DCEmu Newbie

In Brazil a lot of people said isn't stereo! Maybe At@Games must find a way to hide the saves. They're never going to reply your e-mail with the way to save Where do I can buy one?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information