Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

DCEmu Newbie

Gopher/firecore handhels can be bought from the following places http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Mega-Drive-...item414a20b4ac
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3ijj.html

If you live brazil they are called Tectoy Md Play they have a website www.tectoy.com.br

DCEmu Newbie

$#@!NZIE i also dont have the feeling that its stereo, like you said, it sound like dual mono. but the sound-quality is good enough for me.

BLEEPBLOOP i dont thought that its so bad with stolen packages in brazil, thats really $#@!. i am lucky that in western-europe all of this, is only a small problem. like i said, only when i sended things to eastern-europe sometimes things get lost.

NEVARNA, you forgot www.yesasia.com/? . there i bought mine and 10 days later it was here.

the games i found out until now, which had problems on the gopher, are the following:

mega-turrican - (graphic problems with the sprite)
    jim power - (graphic problems at all - unplayable)
    virtua-racing - dont run at all
    vectorman 2 - errors in game, at the beginning it works but then unplayable
    the lost vikings - same problem as vectorman 2 - thats sad - i love this game
    chaos engine (soldiers of fortune) - graphic error in scrolling (exactly the same problem that GENS PLUS also had with this game *LOL*, it runs perfect in KEGA FUSION)

and a strange thing, and i want some of you to test this please, because i cant understand.
    the game ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBOURS only runs until the menu-screen when playing with the gopher normally, BUT - when you plug the gopher to a tv (we have PAL in europe) then the game could be started normally. strange!!! i think, it has something to do with the pal mode of my tv - maybe gopher runs with 50 hz when plugged to my tv. in pal this game seems to run - on the gopher in NTSC (60 hz, normal gopher mode) not. and this problem strangly is with ALL versions of this game, no matter if you use a pal or ntsc-version of this game. even when i try to make a pal-rom from my ZOMBIES-version with some PC-ROM-HEADER-TOOLS, it dont run on the gopher without tv-plugging.

next strange thing: FIFA SOCCER 99 only runs until the menu and then you can steer but buttons dont work and you can not start it. is the gopher plugged to the tv you CAN start it.

can some of you please test this 2 things, if this is also on your machines? when my theorie is correct, then - for people who had ntsc-tv`s these 2 games will not run, people with pal-tv`s they should.
    i am interested for the results.
    Last edited by AW72; November 26th, 2009 at 15:05.

DCEmu Newbie

i can confirm zombies at my neighbours doesnt work unless its through the tv. also contra hardcorps doesnt work correctly

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AW72 View Post
    and a strange thing, and i want some of you to test this please, because i cant understand.
    the game ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBOURS only runs until the menu-screen when playing with the gopher normally, BUT - when you plug the gopher to a tv (we have PAL in europe) then the game could be started normally. strange!!! i think, it has something to do with the pal mode of my tv - maybe gopher runs with 50 hz when plugged to my tv. in pal this game seems to run - on the gopher in NTSC (60 hz, normal gopher mode) not. and this problem strangly is with ALL versions of this game, no matter if you use a pal or ntsc-version of this game. even when i try to make a pal-rom from my ZOMBIES-version with some PC-ROM-HEADER-TOOLS, it dont run on the gopher without tv-plugging.
    I'm having a similar problem with Sensible Soccer, the game plays on the gopher, but the screen keeps running vertically, like old tvs did. But when I use tv-out, the game plays fine, but a bit slower. I'm guessing it has something to do with the refresh rate the game plays in, on the gopher itself it seems to run on 60hz, while on tv on 50. Any suggestions?

All in all I like it, I like the screen and the dpad, but I hate that i can't support save games.

DCEmu Newbie

NIEEKOU you can do nothing against the little bit slower gameplay, because like you said, on a pal-tv the games run with 50 fps and on ntsc with 60 fps. but when you play on a real europe-mega-drive you have the same problem, games runs with 50 fps. on older c64-monitors with video-in maybe the games runs with 60 fps, when the monitor support it. but i dont test this until now.

now it would be interesting when people try ZOMBIES on a ntsc-tv. will it run or not? NIEEKOU has PAL, and you NEVARNA? can somebody test ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGBOURS with a ntsc-tv.

i just wanted to know, if the PAL - NTSC therorie is correct or not.
    Last edited by AW72; November 28th, 2009 at 19:14.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AW72 View Post
    NIEEKOU you can do nothing against the little bit slower gameplay, because like you said, on a pal-tv the games run with 50 fps and on ntsc with 60 fps. but when you play on a real europe-mega-drive you have the same problem, games runs with 50 fps. on older c64-monitors with video-in maybe the games runs with 60 fps, when the monitor support it. but i dont test this until now.

now it would be interesting when people try ZOMBIES on a ntsc-tv. will it run or not? NIEEKOU has PAL, and you NEVARNA? can somebody test ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGBOURS with a ntsc-tv.

i just wanted to know, if the PAL - NTSC therorie is correct or not.
    The type of TV has nothing to do with anything, it's just what kind of signal the gopher sends to it. And it seems to mess up things... I'll look into it if I have any spare time

DCEmu Newbie

I pretty sure gopher handheld only sends a 50hz pal signal via tv out. my tv supports pal pal60 ntsc, if i set it to the pal the picture is fine anything else and the screen jumps. ive noticed when ive played games through the tv they are slower mostly likely cause of 50hz pal instead of 60hz ntsc being send to the tv.

DCEmu Newbie

i think, it will send such a tv-out-signal which chinese-tv had. but i dont know if they have 50 or 60 hz.
    it would be cool, when it would be possible on the gopher to change some settings on the emulator which runs on it. maybe its possible to enter the emulator-menue by any (probably difficult) key-combination.
    but without any help of at@games this could be difficult.

DCEmu Newbie

it would be cool if it could play snes games aswell, but i guess that would raise the price, its already great if you ask me. (besides the save-state problem) Also, does homebrew work with it?

Edit: Also, is the screen covered by any form of protection?
    i am usually very afraid of putting devices such as these in my pockets, for fear of getting them scratched or scuffed.
    so is it like the PSP where the screen gets scratched instantly?
    Last edited by Bleepbloop; December 6th, 2009 at 18:43.

DCEmu Newbie

genesis/megadrive homebrew games work for it, im not sure about anything else i played a few Pudblic domain games on it.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information