Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by juniorreid View Post
    hey can an1 tell me whether i can put any region .bin files on the sd card to play on the gopher or is it region restricted

Thanks
    afaik you can play any region - so far all the roms i tested work 90% of the time , but i think the output on tv is only ntsc (if im not mistaken - never hooked up the thing to a tv so far)

First time here! I just bought the Gopher and so far am 50/50 on this thing. Probably a bit of inexperience on my part that's keeping me from getting all I can from it.

I've gone to Zophar's Domain and gotten three different programs to convert the ROMs I have to .bin files, and still am not having great results. A lot of them just don't wanna work, loading and leaving me with a black screen.

A couple games didn't run at first after converting from smd to bin file, BUT when I tried shortening their names and putting them in caps (just for the hell of it), they ran.

Any advice on getting these ROMs working? I'm only getting about 20% to work. Thanks!

Okay, doing much better now...

Found a torrent with a couple THOUSAND files, including multiple copies of many games. Instead of screwing around with converters, I've gotten MUCH better results using files that start out as .bin copies! :thumbup:

Still a few that I really would like to get running, but I'll play around with what I have for a while and check in again when I'm finally stumped.

One question that I do have, though... Anyone know how to organize, maybe alphabetize, the ROMs in the SD list? Seems that when I was working with just 10 or 20 files, they appeared in the order I added 'em to the card. But now that I have a couple hundred on there, the order is mostly alphabetized with about 25% random. Maybe I should copy the folder to my PC, wipe the card, and add the files again in order...? Just a thought...

Any good samaritans wanna give me a holler, know some useful info, my email is: [email protected]

Good Holidays, everyone!

DCEmu Newbie

for organizing the files alphabetically you can use a programm like this here:

http://www.dingoo-digital.com/downlo...rganizing-tool

normally this is a PC-programm for organizing files on the DINGOO-handheld, but it works also for other machines.

Thanks AW72! That program works great! I'm up to 20 pages, almost 200 working ROMs, so it's nice to have 'em organized. Like somebody else posted, renaming them all caps and no symbols helps, too. Cuts down on wasted space on the filename.

Really bummed not to have Vectorman, Vectorman 2, and Lost Vikings running. And it'd be nice if Zombies Ate My Neighbors played on the road, not just wired to a TV. Tried starting it hooked to the TV and then unplugging the A/V cord, hoping that if I got past the title screen it might run... but no.

Anyone have favorites that they recommend? I had about 40 carts back in the day... Boogerman, Comix Zone, Crue Ball, Toy Story, and Vectorman (dammit) were all favorites of mine. Also, Dragon's Fury was a NICE pinball game that did use passwords! Its sequel, Dragon's Revenge, is just about as good.

BTW, the 1999 title Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan, never released outside China, runs very well! I think it compares favorably to any of the Golden Axe variety of games. Any other "unreleased" titles that are worth a look-see? Yang Warrior Family is supposed to be good also, but doesn't work on this machine...

If anyone wants to see the (rather anticlimactic) end of Dragon's Fury, here's a password that gets you almost to the last boss...

ukaofucp2h (gives you 999 milllion, 28 balls -- and you'll need a bunch for the final boss! LOL)
    Last edited by every1lafs; December 18th, 2010 at 11:13.

DCEmu Newbie

Mine is on the way! I saw a 6button gopher exactly the same but blue on a youtube video...is it a new version of it?

I got one of these recently, really impressive!
    Sega Megadrive Ultimate hand held console

Quote Originally Posted by Bleepbloop View Post
    Theres a brasilian website that is trying to figure out how to save games and also to put a screenshot to the left where its empty on roms loaded on the SD, just like the built-in games.
    There is a tool you can put your own images to your games from SD-card with. It is called ScreenGopher and can be found at h t t p : / / s c r e e n g o p h e r . f r e e h o s t i n g . c o m / e n g / i n d e x . h t m l

Hi, the russians made free versions of that program.
    So you can add your own images to the sd card added games.
    They made some programs and game fixes to work on this portable. the website is this one.

the program is MDBedit.

You have to add the mdb.dat to the root of the sd card in order for the gopher to read it.

http://elektropage.ru/publ/sega_suslik/

Hi, the russians made free versions of that program.
    So you can add your own images to the sd card added games.
    They made some programs and game fixes to work on this portable. the website is this one.

the program is MDBedit.

You have to add the mdb.dat to the root of the sd card in order for the gopher to read it.

http : / / elektropage.ru/publ/sega_suslik/

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information