Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sega Mega Drive Gopher Released - With an SD Slot for expansion

DCEmu Newbie

Wow. The nomad looks huge in comparison. really shows how far we have come in the few years since it was released.
    Also, nobody has found a way to save, yet.
    Also, do they come in blister pack or a cardboard box?
    (not the shipping envelope, or package)
    Theres a video on youtube showing this, just look up mdplay tectoy and it shows it. Mine still has not come, but im sure it will be here soon.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm from Brasil too, and I saw this video on youtube a few days and I like it! The Gopher Mega Drive is sale only in this shape: http://www.yesasia.com/?/item_photo/i...0187-X-400.jpg

But the MD Play from TecToy some pleope can't find on the stores! If someone finds a way to save, i buy this game :P

DCEmu Newbie

BLEEPBLOOP: my gopher (i ordered 3, for some friends also) was packaged very well - nothing could happen to them. first they was in this transparent box (you see on superufo.com) and then in a stable package.
    yesterday i searched for a case for my gopher and bought a PSP-case for 6,99 EURO. it has nearly same sizes and looks good.
    hmm, save-games (intern saving from the mega-drive modules - as .srm-filetype) seems not to work until now i mostly played games with passwords, so i just recognized this today. but maybe it works when the correct folder is made on the sd-card (like it was with the "game" folder for the games).
    i will go on testing this, maybe there is a way that this works. would be very good for SONIC and some other games.
    iam really surprised how smooth the mega-drive games runs on the gopher, there really seems to be NO frameskipping at all. all "Sonic"-games for example runs as smooth as on my real mega-drive or on GENS PLUS with frameskipping off. thats a really good mega-drive-emulator they put on this little handheld not completely so compatible as GENS or KEGA but almost close.

DCEmu Newbie

Kega fusion is arguably the best genesis/mega drive emulator, if it is as good as you say, its good enough for me. Also, what are some games with passwords? :thumbup: see if you can figure out how to save, im sure you can somehow. if its an emulator, then it can have savestates.

DCEmu Newbie

Good luck AW72!

DCEmu Newbie

i like GENS PLUS the most, its as compatible as KEGA FUSION but much faster on my 1 GHz-PC. the only compatibility-differences i found are, that "chaos engine" and "virtua racing (mega drive version)" only runs 100 % in KEGA and in all other emu`s not. but both emulators are really fantastic :thumbup:

"games with passwords" i mean games where you can start in a higher level by writing down a level-password (for example PRINCE OF PERSIA and some other). so, in such kind of games SAVING is not so important, but for SONIC for example it is.

but today i dont get it to work. on my sd-card i could not found any .srm save-file and when you finished some levels in SONIC, turn gopher off and start SONIC again, you need to start from the beginning again. also creating folders like "save-states" or "states" dont help

maybe i write an email to AT-GAMES (the producers from the gopher) and ask them, if intern mega-drive-modul saving is possible. but they dont seem to answer mails. i also dont get an answer from them, when i ask them in the beginning, how games from sd-card works (before i knew, that a game-folder must be created on the card by the gopher itself). but i will write a mail to them

DCEmu Newbie

The producers don't like roms. hehehe In here have a lot of people who try to save but nothing yet
    TecToy MD Play have MD Cards with other games (really bad games), and I thought about see inside of them. But I don't have the console yet! I showed this idea in a Brazilian forum... let's see if someone can!

DCEmu Newbie

you could try, they figured out how to get roms running in a day, so we will see. Also, AW72: I was asking if you knew any good games that used passwords instead of saves, thanks.
    Mine has still not showed up, so im waiting paciently.
    Also: I was wondering if you could get it to run game-gear games, not because of their better or anything, its cause usually those games were designed to fit on a tiny screen, for example texts, dialogue, and such.
    Last edited by Bleepbloop; November 16th, 2009 at 03:20.

DCEmu Newbie

the sound is not good, i know! with the headphones is better?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by $#@!nzie View Post
    the sound is not good, i know! with the headphones is better?
    I heard that it outputs stereo while using headphones, but sincee i do not have one to test, i cannot confirm this.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information