Thread: PS3: Ssony fails to inform PS3 developers of lack of rumble function in controllers.

DCEmu Regular

Default PS3: Ssony fails to inform PS3 developers of lack of rumble function in controllers.

Source: Gamesradar
    http://prev.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/ga...sectionId=1006

[PS3] Key PS3 developers still unaware of new pad's lack of vibration
    Words: Oliver Hurley

Saturday 13 May 2006
    In a spectacular gaffe, Sony has failed to communicate to key developers of PlayStation 3 games that the new PS3 pad will no longer include a vibrate function. In one case today, it was even left to GamesRadar to personally deliver the bad news.

During an interview with SmackDown! developer Yuke's, we asked senior director Taku Chihaya if he was disappointed that the new design of the PS3 pad lacked a rumble feature, and whether he was concerned about this detrimentally affecting the SmackDown! games.

His alarming response was, "We didn't know that! Wow, that stinks. In a lot of games, the use of vibration can add so much. You walk around here at E3 and the floor's vibrating with bombs going off and stuff. It can really add a lot to a game to have vibration, so I'm kind of disappointed there won't be vibration in the controller."

Keep an eye on GamesRadar next week for our full interview with the masterminds behind the SmackDown! series.

no rumble feature oh man thats the whole reason i bought the new analog controllers for psx when they came out but ps3 w/out rumble feature better be a bad joke

DCEmu Legend

No I think its true. Sony lost a patent suit concerning this. How companies like Nintendo and Microsoft haven't suffered the same fate is beyond me...

Eh whatever, just allow me to use my PS2 controller with a PS3 and then I'll have rumble (if games support it that is; which they probably wont)

Thread Information