Thread: Worth Buying a Second PSP ?

Default Worth Buying a Second PSP ?

Hey Guys just been thinking a bit lately and was considering buying a second PSP, K i live in Australia and can pick up a new PSP for around $300AU from Ebay .... I have a Ps2 slimline (silver) and a 1.5 PSP and am about to buy a nintendo GAMECUBE for multiplayer purposes ( Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bro's ETC )

The reason i want a second PSP is first of all to play all the latest games online (I quit SOCOM on Ps2), PSP camera, PSone Emulater and all those sweet codecs (AVC,WMA) >> I would never update my 1.5 unless somehow PSmonkey made monkey64 a 2.7 exclusive which is impossible lol..

SO do you think its worth selling my Ps2 + 6 games (Manhunt, SSX3, Sunny Garcia Surfing, Socom2, PES3 and MGS2) i know ur thinking what i SHYTE game collection but i recently sold alot of my games... any way back on topic >> do u think its worth selling all that for around $200AU and making up the $100AU to purchase a second PSP?

All opinions appreciated , TY for reading ::

How much differnet is AU then American? Cuase i think that could go for at least $180U.S.

And I think you should wait a while. You seem to want stuff from the higher firmware that haven't come out yet. I think you should wait to see if they even DO come out. And by that time, the PSP will be cheaper. Also, there are bypassing apps that let you play higher firmware UMDs. Also, does the quality of your video really matter that much? I'm happy with my mpeg4 quality movies.

I think you should make a list of reasons you want a new psp. Determine if there is a homebrew app that can emulate that capabilty ( eg. Pimpstreamer for LocationFreeTv) and whether that reasons is out yet or not (Camera, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by cdrdj
    How much differnet is AU then American? Cuase i think that could go for at least $180U.S.

And I think you should wait a while. You seem to want stuff from the higher firmware that haven't come out yet. I think you should wait to see if they even DO come out. And by that time, the PSP will be cheaper. Also, there are bypassing apps that let you play higher firmware UMDs. Also, does the quality of your video really matter that much? I'm happy with my mpeg4 quality movies.

I think you should make a list of reasons you want a new psp. Determine if there is a homebrew app that can emulate that capabilty ( eg. Pimpstreamer for LocationFreeTv) and whether that reasons is out yet or not (Camera, etc.)
    Yere dude i know there are apps that let you player higher FW UMD's but they Don't allow online play which is a high priority for me>> I see your point about features i want not being availible yet AKA the Camera and PSone Emulater , But they have been confirmed for release by sony. You bring up a Valid Point though... Is it worth $280 AU for Better Quality Video and Online play ... But then again its also a Future Camera and PSone... A tough Decision

Thread Information