Thread: PSP Need Help with controls messing up...

Default PSP Need Help with controls messing up...

Hello i have a psp but just ran into a problem. My psp is missing up with the controls. So heres whats going on... When i press lightely to the right it moves fine but if i move to the left it doesn't i have to really press hard to move it. Same with moving up. but its a easy press to move it down. I think this is a result of caring it in my pocket. The only thing i can think of to fix it is to open my psp and then close it hopefully that will fix it. Any ideas on how to fix it would be great. oh and i'm talking about the D-pad.

Well i guess i will have to find a small screw driver open it. That will most likely fix the problem. But if there is anyway to fix it with out opening it please tell me. Your help is appriciated. Thanx

I am having a similar problem only with the analogue control. It is set in such a way that when i start gta tony starts to walk toward the screen because the stick is too far down. The only to fix the problem is by using the d-pad. Anyone got a better solution...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

moved from submit news to psp help....

Ya the Analoge is harder to fix than te D-pad but i still think the only way to fix it is to open it and adugest it. Then close it and it should be fixewd. Now i need to find a smal screw driver.

I remember having that problem with an old N64 controller. sounds like (but i cant be sure unless i see it) that the stick has been forced into a direction so much that the brush connectors inside think the analogue stick is being held forward (in bullheads case)

Only options I had was to replace the controller or buy a replacement analogue stick (which at the time was too troublesome and much easier to get a new N64 controller)

SO if openning an closing the case (which u'll need to remove the analogue cover to do) doesnt work then its time to buy a whole new pad (not just the armoured top but the whole stick)

Failing that perhaps the PCB has been corroded due to essessive heat/ moisture/ somehow rubbing the stick of the circuits.

Jman u need a '#000 Phillips Precision 261 Series' screwdriver, found it on www.llamma.com where he uses it for when modding his PSP.
    Llamma sells them in the USA thru his site so if ur like me (from the UK) then this is useless and need to check ebay and the like.

PS i wonder if he know Llama should only have 1 'm' in it lol.

Thread Information