Thread: SCEA: No UMD conversion programme for PSPgo

Blog Entries

psp SCEA: No UMD conversion programme for PSPgo

Sony America has said that it will not be possible for people to exchange their UMDs for digital versions of the games they already own.

"We were evaluating a UMD conversion programme, but due to legal and technical reasons we will not be offering the programme at this time," a spokesman has told Kotaku, as reported by Eurogamer.

The idea would have been to hand in your UMD copy of, say, Lumines, and receive a digital copy of the same game in return.

In Europe, at least, Sony is offering people who upgrade to PSPgo the choice of three free digital downloads, providing they own at least one UMD game.

There are 17 titles to choose from, including Echochrome, LocoRoco, Patapon, Resistance: Retribution and WipEout Pure. The deal, which will run between October 1 and March 31 2010, was announced at TGS yesterday.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...amme-for-pspgo

They making all the right noises for good intentions but we all know even without those legal problems they never intended to do this, there's just too many used umd's so less need to pay for downloads.

DCEmu Newbie

Um ok, so...they want me to trade in my physical UMD game, probably with cover and manual for a download.
    Yeah right...sure... ... have they f*cking lost their marbles completely now?
    SONY treats its customers like rubbish. Nothx...

Quote Originally Posted by 111111 View Post
    Um ok, so...they want me to trade in my physical UMD game, probably with cover and manual for a download.
    Yeah right...sure... ... have they f*cking lost their marbles completely now?
    SONY treats its customers like rubbish. Nothx...
    Yes they have lost their marbles. And they want to trade virtual marbles for your real ones lol.

they've invested alot of money on this crap, wonder how they'll react when they find nobody wants the go?

Welcome to the future of video games, total slavery.

:thumbup:

sony isn't smart at all. all they really have to do is offer these games at reduced price if you own the umd (say $10-$15) I'm sure there would be tons of people who would take advantage of that deal.

Thread Information