Thread: Joker

Acorn Electron User

Default Joker

I thought I'd share a couple of pictures I've done of the Joker lately (playing the Batman: AA demo got me in the mood).

Well, it's one picture in two variations to try and show a psychopathic turn of mood. I've tried to do something messier than the Stormtrooper this time, using splatter brushes and tried to make it more painterly and loose.

A private joke

A private joke gone wrong

Wow, those look good, first one is ace! They look like they were painted by hand, was it done that way or was it make on software like Photoshop?

Acorn Electron User

Cheers. It was all done in Photoshop, using one of the basic splatter brushes that come with it and playing with some of the brush settings.

What really allows the hand drawn feel and look is using a tablet and pen rather than a mouse. It's so much more intuitive and if you like drawing it gives you that freedom of movement that's hard to replicate with mouse movements. Having pressure sensitivity is also really cool so the size or opacity of the strokes (amongst other things) can be controlled by how hard you press on the tablet with your pen.

I'm using a small cheap Wacom Graphire 2 tablet I bought some years ago but would like to get a bigger one at some stage, maybe when I upgrade my mac. The low end tablets are only about £50 or so, so well worth it if you like illustration or want an alternative to a mouse.
    Last edited by beetroot bertie; September 28th, 2009 at 10:57.

DCEmu Newbie

Truly awesome painting. I was already a big fan of this character and you painter has made me a bigger fan.

It turned out very beautiful! In general, the joker is one of my favorite characters.

Thread Information