Thread: The N64 emulator dispute. . . . . .

Post The N64 emulator dispute. . . . . .

Hello everyone,

I created this thread to just bring up and throw a few things at everyone.

To make this AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE we all know there are currently two developers working on an N64 emulator and they are called Daedulus and Monkey64. Also, we know that PSMonkey released the first emulator which originally DID NOT play commerical games at first. Also, we know that the first version of Daedulus DID.

I have been noticing and hearing things such as "PSmonkey stole the source code, Daedulus is better, etc. etc." (Note that the source code for Daed was taken from the PC emu.) Lets just back up one second and look at the facts Why would it be the same source code if PSMonkeys first release did not play commerical games? If he TRULY wanted creditation wouldn't he have just said "ok guys; mario64, super mario kart, etc. etc. run but arent at full speeds! Have fun!" You bet because thats what its all about right guys? Beating em to the punch and receiving more credit?
    BECAUSE ITS NOT TO THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THERE HARD WORK INTO IT!!!! THEY DO IT BECAUSE THEY FIND IT INTERESTING, FUN, AND LOVE THE FEELING OF CONTRIBUTING TO THE COMMUNITY!!!!!

Who cares who did what or who did what first? We're still getting the programs, who do you care who did what? This reminds me of the stupid 2.00-1.50 downgrade dispute with WAB and MPH . . DUMB. Who cares? Seriously? Do you have a life? Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Do you do things? Have fun and stop being so stupid everyone.

Spamming PSmonkey is not going to make you feel better about yourself or speeding up the process of that systems emulation for that matter. And I don't care if I come off as a jerk this time, you people are R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S.

You all know me for the most part and know I'm usually pretty fair and care about the scene overall. It's been fun for so long.

I agree 100% with this post. If you're gonna hate, then make your own emulator. Oh wait, you dont know how to code do you?

DCEmu Newbie

god post i totally agree with you.

i think your intentions are good, but i cant say this thread is nessicary.. however i will let someone else decide to lock, delete, or sticky it.

Also note that psmonkeys first emulator was a port of nincest - an extrememly out of date emulator. It is not anything like the current releases.

This post is useless.

the PSPu issue shoud be solved now

Its only one guy posting with 5 different names and he has been banned

now there needs to be another ps1 emu for some competition in that field.

Thread Information