Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: In development DCEmu community project: Generic Survival Horror Clone #1

Default In development DCEmu community project: Generic Survival Horror Clone #1

Hello everyone! This is the "Generic Survival Horror Clone #1" Forum information and discussion thread.

This is a thread for a project I started about a year ago. I am currently working to make a Survival Horror video game for the PlayStation Portable, that will be far superior to any Resident Evil game (prior to RE4) ever

I have decided to make the game based on a new story, new characters, and new levels, all based in the town of New Boulder. It will consist of re-rendered images of everyone's favorite levels, and a new method of play. Finaly there will be a game worth playing on PSP

The story will be of one man's fight to aquire the viral weapon leaked by his co-workers, just hours after the attacks started happening in the city.

We have the first few levels complete, and are currently working on more. There are two programmers Hardhat and Zion working on the game play engine, and all game programming elements.

There is me working on 3D graphics.

and I am also working on the 2D menu, and gameplay graphics.

And from the Musical aspect of the game. We have Composer, and Accordianboy working on music for the time being.

We hope to have a playable demo done soon. But we havent had a whole lot of time to work on it lately..

The basic gameplay system will be very similar to the RE gameplay system. But we hope to add some extra abilities that we not there before RE3.

All of the camera systems will be the "Security Camera" system, where there will be stationary camera angles viewing the player as he walks across the screen. Eventualy we will attempt to add the real time rendered "over the shoulder" camera angle, just to add a little bit more graphical goodness

I would appriciate any comments, or questions about the project.

If anyone wants to contact me, please PM, or email me at [email protected]

There is a great deal of work left to do, but the project is on a forward path to compleetion.
    We now have a Lua application (to view pictures of backgrounds(avalible on page 13 of the forum)) and a few base models to start with.

Also, there are many pictures spread throughout the forum here. Many of which are also viewable in the Survival Horror HeadQuarters section of the DCEMU forums, so please look around and see other 3D images, of just me rambling on about nothing important. Or for some newer images, visit my poorly built Website at
    http://Home.comcast.net/~Jakobgetson/
    (I hope to fix the website eventualy)
    Thank you.

can you post any pictures please???

moved. this isnt really port related.

well alright people, I dont have any screenshots because I'm on vacation atm, but I can get some on tuesday-wendsday.. I still need help with the project in general just because I dont have everything yet.. just the models..

either way, I'll post pics when I can..

well I am finaly home from my out of state vacation, so I can now work on RE2 once again, however I realized that what I have modeled was in 3DS Max 8 (I had a 30 day demo of it) but that has now run out, and it will not let me load the models again in version 7, so give me a day or 2 to re-model it, I would export it, and import again.. but I also realized that it is all out of scale, and I have to re-do it anyway..

so give me a day or 2, and I'll post some screen's

Me thinks this project is a bet too much to be plausible.

it could be.. I'm working with a lot of polygons even just so far while re-modeling it.. but I had a thought..

I also wouldnt mind doing a pre-rendered background, with the 3D animated characters in front of the 2d bitmap..

it would get rid of the need for complicated 3d rendering, just enough to render the characters..

that eliminates the behind-the-gun view.. but thats not intirely important..

however, this project isnt by any means a quick one, I beleave that modeling all of the game in 3d could take me a year.. but if anyone wanted to help me build the game with me over that year..

well what can i say, KEEP IT UP!!! looking forward to the final product ^^

well thank you, even if i dont get the game done, i plan to make a movie.. somewhat of a teaser

however modeling is taking longer then originaly expected, as i have to re-model everything intirely.. since i did originaly model everything on 3DS max 8, but the demo of 8 ran out, so now i'v been forced back to 3DS 7... so i have to re-model everything..

but it is coming along, i have all of the front step to the police station (inside the station) and i'm going to do all of it... but it will take a while...

either way, I'm still looking for people to assist me with the project...

Hey, great idea -- I hope you keep this up. You had mentioned a few posts ago you had some concerns with copyrights and such.. A while back there was a RE mod that was being worked on for Half-Life -- what they did was write to Capcom and ask them to be able to use the name, characters, and such. From what I remember, they told them it was fine, so long as they kept it free (didn't charge money for it). I'm not sure if the same would apply here since you're recreating a game they already made, but you could sure ask Capcom.
    I hope this project stays alive -- keep it up!

Warner

Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information