Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 online play is free?

Blog Entries

ps3 PS3 online play is free?

Via PS3fanboy

PS3Land is stating that they have an actual PR source claiming that the PS3's online multiplayer will be available for free right out of the box. Now, as much as this blogger would love to believe this statement, no factual evidence is presented by the website other than an unnamed Sony Computer Entertainment America PR Manager informing them to "Please note that online gaming will be free right out of the box."

Considering Sony's past of leaving online play and upkeep to the third-party developers/publishers and refusing to adopt a unified online structure like MIcrosoft's Xbox consoles have, should we expect Sony to shift more towards the online model of Microsoft or assume this is just another drop in the well that is internet speculation?

Ya it will be free out of the box but a couple a monthes later they will start charging through the ass. Sony doesn't roll like that lol,

I hope it is free, because after I cough up all that dough for the system I'll be broke to play it online!!! (But I can't get highspeed internet, so online gaming is almost out of the question )

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Most likely it will be free like xbox live silver is free, you don't get all of the features, they most likely have a paying option that gives full access.

^ most likely true. the comapny IS called $ony

uhhh ps2 online play is free.. w/ an adapter or a slim line ps2... so why so harsh to sony.... they aren't even the most greedy... they are gambling with ps3 and they did with ps2.... it costs them more to make it then they do sell it

I would love see online multiplayer on PS3 to be free, no matter what price it turns out to be, I would definatly get the PS3 then.

Talking

[QUOTE=stotheamuelit costs them more to make it then they do sell it[/QUOTE]
    Haha...good one, that would be one hell of a business move...

hmm maybe because its true... ..... they rely on video games and accesories... and eventualy they start making money on consoles

DCEmu Regular

I love all the hate against sony on this site and most other homebrew psp sites. Umm...people...if you hate sony so much sell your damn psp. Anyways like others have said, the ps2 online service was free, so I don't see why this would really be any different. Now this is still speculation though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information