Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Go Owners - Tell Us Your Thoughts on the PSPGo

Blog Entries

psp PSP Go Owners - Tell Us Your Thoughts on the PSPGo

Im on holiday at the moment, main reason for my rather sporadic newsposting but im trying my best, but anyway to all those who have brought a PSPGo so far, how does it feel to you ?, is the gaming experiance better?, have you brought any games so far using your PSPGo.?

Let us know via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

As a PSP Go owner in the US, I'm disappointed at the lack of the UMD Rewards program, and the lack of anything extra in general. We don't even get a soft slip case, a lanyard, or even some $#@!ty dollar store headphones to go with our $250 purchase. It's kind of a slap in the face from Sony, really.

However, I'm very happy with the hardware of the Go. It feels about the same weight as the 2000, but since it's smaller it feels like the weight is more "right" for it. In the 2000 it felt kind of empty like a toy, like nothing but hollow plastic.

It was awkward to handle at first. When I was playing Monster Hunter my hand kept naturally reaching upwards for the Dpad, downwards for the analog, etc. But I've already adjusted to that and the Go feels completely natural to me now.

The new features of the firmware are pretty nice. Bluetooth support is great, since I can dock my Go on my TV when I'm in the living room and play some games on a PS3 controller. The Pause game feature is excellent! Initial reports had said that you can only pause the game and explore the XMB, but you can also launch entirely different games while a game is paused! That means if you're in the middle of an RPG, with a save point no where nearby, and your friend is over for some multiplayer games... you can pause the RPG, play with your friend on any game you want, and then later resume your RPG right where you left off.

The games are expensive, and not everything is available, but there is a pretty good selection still. So far, I've bought Disgaea 1 and 2, Pixeljunk Monsters, Gran Turismo, Gurumin, Monster Hunter, Persona, Blade Dancer, Prinny, and Siphon Filter: Dark Mirror. So in total, I've spent $220 on games so far. Luckily I can afford this, but I can see how some people would have problems. The Go really isn't for everyone, at least not with the current pricing. I'm still waiting for Phantasy Star Portable, Lumines 1 and 2, Class of Heroes, and the Armored Core games to come out on the network.

Oh, one more thing... the amount of space taken up by the games. I currently have 15 games on my Go. 10 of them are the PSP games I have previously mentioned, and 5 are PS One originals that I already had on my PS3 (Thus didn't total into the dollar amount) Right now of my 16 gigs, I have 7.5 gigs free. That's with 10 PSP games, 5 PS One, and about 50 mp3s. No videos or anything else. So about half of the Go's storage is in use right now. I'd say that's pretty good.

Another thing about videos... For all you PSP and PS3 owners out there, I want to recommend PS3 Media Server. It's a great program for the PC that will convert and stream your videos on-the-fly to your PS3. Right now I'm using it, in conjunction with the PSP's remote play option, to stream videos from my media server to anywhere in my house on my PSP. It's pretty cool

So that's about it. I'm happy with it, but it's expensive and thus not for everyone.

I might sound like a broken record with this, but you just spent $220 on games and you will never get any of it back, you might be able to afford it but it would be good to know you had the option, this basicaly puts Psp go games in a similar category as printer ink and paper.. as consumables.
    Last edited by symbal; October 4th, 2009 at 19:52.

DCEmu Newbie

i think im the only one who seems to notice that the go is just a Sony mylo but lacking a touch screen. i do love the wide color space without the scan lines, and i completely agree with the first post as well

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by symbal View Post
    I might sound like a broken record with this, but you just spent $220 on games and you will never get any of it back, you might be able to afford it but it would be good to know you had the option, this basicaly puts Psp go games in a similar category as printer ink and paper.. as consumables.
    How is it different with any other console?
    I'll never get my money back for Pinball Classics on UMD either.

the fact that you have the umd means you can resell it you may not get back the full value of what you sold it for but you can get aleast something for it.

And in 20 years if you want to play that umd you can, no-one can guarantee if your psn account or even if Sony exists then to retrieve your games, i still have games that old and some have appreciated in value.

PSP Coder

Fair enough.
    I think I would want to at least be able to copy the games from the
    flash drive onto my PC for the sake of keeping a backup,
    but it looks like that's not possible.

Blog Entries

im toying with the idea of buying one in florida whilst imon holiday, 250 dollars is about 150 dollars cheaper than the UK price, but the thought of buying games i already own puts me off.

for me its a tough decision, same reason i havent as yet brought a dsi

Eh, go ahead and buy it....
    I would if it was $150 cheaper than my region
    Really? You can't back up over USB? If that's true, it would be rather lame of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information