Thread: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Blog Entries

ps3 Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Newly released today:

features
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will deliver the most accessible, engaging and visceral sandbox shooter of the year, with a huge variety of equipment, weapons and tactics available
    Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will give players the freedom to handle military crisis situations on their initiative
    As an epic single and multi-player campaign weaves the narrative, players will fight as infantry soldiers in battle, drive tanks in armoured assaults, and infiltrate the enemy in covert special operations utilizing a wide variety of realistic military weapons from knives and rifles to machine guns and grenade launchers
    The 220km2 battlefield gives players a multitude of tactical decisions on how to best accomplish missions

description
    Taking gamers as close to war as they'll ever want to get, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is the much anticipated return of the genre-defining military conflict simulator. Set to deliver the total combat experience, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will challenge players to survive the chaos and rapidly evolving situations of modern warfare in a new contemporary theatre.

Players will experience the intensity, diversity and claustrophobia of a modern conflict from the unique perspectives of an infantry marine, a helicopter pilot, a Special Forces officer or a tank commander, each engaged against the full force of the Chinese PLA on a scale never previously experienced in a military action title. Gameplay simulates an immense conflict between advanced forces and provides unparalleled scope with different military disciplines, vehicles and equipment for players to utilize.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-...j-70-3dey.html

DCEmu Rookie

One of the best realistic military shooter. The battle is intense and very good. A close replica of the real thing apparently. I have my copy, and it took me over 4 hours or so to do two missions [Counting number of failed attempts].

The game is annoyingly good lol. Yeah there are the occasional bug here and there - Tree getting in view and popping up in weird places, the game is still very good.

I haven't tried it online yet, so cant offer any comment on the online side, I think there is a coop mode online as well.

The game sort of combine the slow pace of SOCOM with a realistic military edge to it. In the missions, you do not have to kill all the enemies, in fact it is recommended you be stealthy and only kill if necessary to complete your mission.

The A.I is pretty good too. If you shoot down one of the enemy, it will call for the medic and if patched up, he's back up fighting. If the player get shot, a medic is needed asap or the player bleeds to death. Just like in real life!

I like the game, and it offers a long term playability in my opinion.
    Last edited by ElRazur; October 11th, 2009 at 16:45.

Thread Information