Introduction
    3.Installation
    4. Controls
    5. Microcodes
    6. Compatability
    7. Troubleshooting
    Credits

1. Warning:By using Monkey64 you are agreeing that,
    i. PSmonkey is not liable for any damage done via this program.
    ii.This program is provided for entertainment purposes
    iii. If you fail to read this document and complain about something as mentioned accordingly then we are not obliged to help.
    iv. This program and game images must be erased from memory when the PSP is put up for sale.
    v. This program is not to be presented for sale on any media what so ever as it is free and not intended to be sold at any costs.
    vi. If you suffer Epileptic seisures or contact with flashing graphics please do not use emulator until you seek DRs advice.
    vii. We are also not liable for any contact with 3d graphics which may inspire you and cause your pants to leak :-)

2. Hi i'm Wally, I have been helping PSmonkey test his projects (Nincest and then Monkey64) since he started. First up I found out how to get the waverace N64 logo to be outputted in nincest . Monkey64 has been light build testing (I get one once a week or so).

3. To install Monkey64 is quite a basic project. I wont go into too much detail on this as Auris tutorial covers most of it
    http://www.hackingpsp.com/Book_Downl...w_Tutorial.pdf
    Anyway
    First up extract the archive using Winrar(www.rarlabs.com) or 7-Zip(www.7-zip.com)
    For 1.50 users simply place the contents 1.5/PSP/Game onto the PSP memorystick (Active during USB mode) * For those whom dont know how to access please consider buying Hacking PSP from (www.hackingpsp.com)

For 1.00 or 2.00+ users place the contents of 2.00/PSP/Game into PSP/Game on ur PSP memorystick

Controls are quite simple
    O - A
    X - B
    analog = Analog
    C buttons = Hold L and press D-Pad
    D-Pad = Dpad
    Z = R

This section might get a little frustrating but its the only solution until Monkey64 uses INI files (THey hold configurations etc)
    It is strongly recommended you follow these procedures as the PSP may crash in the progress if the microcode is not set correctly (This is not a method of bricking, its perfectly safe so dont panic if it crashes)
    The current Microcodes implemented into Monkey64 are
    Fast3D
    Fast3dExt
    F3D3X
    F3D3X2

Please refer to the M64 Compatibility Info.htm document provided in the RAR archive, look up the rom you wish to play and select the correct microcode (Please ignore the .XX at the end) and the game should run. IF not then report it to us.

6. With personal experience being involved in the Monkey64 testing i can assure you there are a hell of a lot of games compatible with the emulator and also being the most compatible N64 emulator for PSP yet. I am in the progress of updating the compatibility list which will make things a lot easier and you can try to play your favorite game. So if a game doesnt work please dont curse at us, report it to [email protected] (if not already indicated in the M64 Compatibility Info.htm). Special Note: Games over 16mb (like Legend of Zelda- Oricana of time will not work yet!)

7. Troubleshooting

Q. I get illegal Memory Read or Write at the start of emulating a game.

A. Press X about 10 times, most games will work normally after this screen. However if a game doesnt work normally and it keeps looping power off the PSP by holding the power switch up.

Q. Games like Zelda dont work for me, What can I do?

A. Zelda doesnt work because PSmonkey hasnt implemented a system to read roms greater than 16mb. The PSP only has 32mb of ram which then makes it harder to make compatible. Therefore if you try to run it, it will freeze.

Q. Will this ever reach full speed?

A. With all due respects yes (PSmonkey if this isnt right please rectify)

At the moment we are running without a recompiler which means that the emulator thinks its an N64 but running under the N64 processors instructions. A recompiler puts the N64 instructions into PSP instructions which then will make it faster.
    Also N64 is not 100% 64 bit. 2/3s are 32 bits where as the 1/3 is 64 bit.

IF you say that an Intel PC cant even run it at 333mhz then heres why, PSP and N64 processors are fairly similar (N64 being R4200i, PSP being R4000) N64 never used the Processor to its full extent. An Intel Processor is a CISC processor (has limited Opcodes) where as the N64 and PSP are both RISC and can do much more than the standard Intel chip.

The PSP realisticially is tad over 3x faster than the N64 (N64 processor is 93.75mhz PSP is 333mhz.)

93.75 * 3 = 281.25
    PSP is 3.552x faster than the N64 so why wouldnt it work at full speed?

8. Credits
    Greetings to PSmonkey, $n!Pr, Eva3bva, Psycho,Strmnnrmn.
    #noobz (irc.toc2rta.com) Special Mentions to: Skylark, freeplay, Fishbot(Moo!), Garyxxxxx, Niacin, Groepaz, Fanjita, Serideth).
    People of #Dcemu (irc.easynews.com) (Special Mention to: onexuser, Kaiser, Wraggster, GPF)
    Folks of Appletalk Australia (irc.madchat.tv #apple) (Special Mention to everyone).

Thanks to Nintendo and Sony for making remarkable consoles
    Thanks to all the devs whom make homebrew possible on the PSP.

References:
    http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/n642.htm

good job (1st post)

LOL!

I like how you try to take credit in that how to (#2. Introduction)

Im not trying to take credit.

Im just trying to make it clear of who i am, In this case. I am the Talking Moose!

Hi wally the talking moose!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway nice guide

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Thumbs up

This should help the newbs out with alot of questions.
    We are also not liable for any contact with 3d graphics which may inspire you and cause your pants to leak :-)
    LOL!!

Hahahaah

One of my many comments :P

DCEmu Newbie

Ok!! I Need Help Right Now!! And I":m Kinda Sick And Tired Of This....can Some One Plz Make A Video On How To Install Monkey64 Onto A Psp?! Plz!! Everyone Jsut Has Guides But I Just Dont Get It!!! Someone Plz Make A Video!!! Thank You!!

Hmm, when I try to use the monkey64 thing in the game folder, it has the logo and everything, but it says file corrupt. Help please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information