Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FW1.00 DIE HARD TRILOGY v1.00 (FW1.00 Backup & Restore Tools)

yep. sony are slowly killing the psp with all those updates. just think how knackered the flash is gonna be bu the time we get to v4.0!!!!

I think that as long as it is not repedily updated it will be fine. As long as the flash can catch a breather.

you guys are dreaming the nand can be written to like 500'000 times or something before it wEARs out.

Ya thats what i thought.

Ok, I think the therory of updating to 2.0 --> 1.5 --> 1.0 is quite solid. The firmware is specifically designed for that PSP so should work fine. However if there was a way of modifying the firmware dump you may be able to put it on any PSP.

Although 1.5 can support more homebrew, the 1.0 firmware can be customised beyond belief. I think, but do not know, that you can customise modules of your 1.0 firmware, such as have the media support of 2.6 modules but keep the ability to open unsigned programs. 1.0 could be better, but it has lots of bugs, and therefore we would need to fix those - what I'm thinking is a 1.0 firmware with everything about 1.5 except program loading (unsigned means non-sony signed apps for your PSP if you don't know, e.g. UPDATES are signed, DGEN is unsigned) and the ability mabye to put in WPA WiFi encryption modules, etc, etc.

Also, does anyone know the safe figure for flashing to the memory on PSP? I got bored a night last year and upgraded and downgraded my PSP over 15 times, I hope to god it doesn't wear out soon :P

There is also the possibility these custom motherboards will be ready soon for the PSP, with two flash modules on your PSP, one for use and one for backup if bricked, or one for latest firmware, other for 1.50, details are still unknown. This is a very useful utility but what we need to aim for if we want a downgrade is a custom "update" eboot. As the update eboots install firmware they modify each file being transferred so it is registered to that PSP. That is why you can't use any 1.0 firmware dump to downgrade. More on this later.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StealthCP
    There is also the possibility these custom motherboards will be ready soon for the PSP, with two flash modules on your PSP, one for use and one for backup if bricked, or one for latest firmware, other for 1.50, details are still unknown.
    Where'd you hear about that?
    It would be cool but I can't see something like that being released publicly or very soon.
    I was trying to buy Samsung NAND flash chips but the one used in the psp seems very hard to obtain.
    Usually you need to buy in bulk of like 1000 aswell, which would be pretty costly.
    I don't know how 0okm got his flash chips...

Very intresting it would make it so if you wanted both firmwares you could have both and i'm guessing be able to switch between them. Not to mention you would not have to buy a new psp to play new games.

very old and absolutely impossible to do for 99.99999% of the peeps out there with a PSP.
    Later,

TSR

Not if you know what your doing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information