Thread: 15th Aniversary Street Fighter Controller Review

DCEmu Newbie

Default 15th Aniversary Street Fighter Controller Review

15th Aniversary Street Fighter Controller Review

Ok this is my first hardware review so tell me if i'm convering everything that needs to be said.

The price is $25 with tax the standard price of a controller. It's a 6 button ascii type controller which are perfect for fighting but this controller is far from perfect.
    The first of many flaws with this controller is the plastic its made of. It feels extremly cheap and not good at all. It used a type of plastic that gives a polished look and it only to make it look pretty. The dpad is very bad to because its made of the same thing. Normally on ascii controllers the dpad is made of a gripping material but not on these. The last thing wrong about the feel is that controller doesnt have a big enough curvin at the bottom. Respones time seems almost perfect on a actual playstation but suffers badly on a PC. On a pc you will sometimes walk forward for longer than you hold the button in and you also sometimes dunk for to long. Also something very bad about this controller is its light weight. Which you might thing is a good thing but this weighs less than a regular PSX controller which really isnt that great. Saturn controllers have the best weight to them. The real treat behind this controller is its packaging which is extremly nice. It comes in a huge holographic box with your choice of fighter on the box.(Ken, akuma, ryu or chung lee). The inside view display comes with a little document telling you about the controller. The lid is magnetically sealed which is very spiffy.

My over all view about this controller is its a decent replacement to the ASCII controller at much more affordable price. However if you demand perfection pay the $60 and get a ASCII.

Rating: C+

Blog Entries

Default Re: 15th Aniversary Street Fighter Controller Revi

I doubt this will come to the uk though, still i might pick one up on import.
    Anyway good review.
    Do me a favor plug me into a sega.

To be this good takes ages, to be this good takes sega.

It's thinking.

Ok I said it, now pay me!
    http://www.thejoypad.net
    Twitter page

DCEmu Pro

Actually, the saturn 2nd evolution controller (the one thats the same as the standard japanese one) is quite possibly the best controller ever made for street fighter, and 2D fighting in general. Its not just the good weight, its a very functional D-pad and a well set up button config, as well as comfy shoulders that make it an ideal pad. If you're thinkin of payin to import one of these, maybe you'd find your money better spent on a saturn pad, and a convertor from lik sang.

DCEmu Newbie

There are more for collectors and show items than anything. BTW saturn japanese pads are about $20 on ebay and lik-sang is normally sold out of converters.

DCEmu Pro

I live in UK So I can pick up a saturn evo 2 pad for a few pounds and theres more than lik sang u know...

Hey, does it work on DC via adapters like Total Control? Hope the problem is just in PS>PC pad adapters :P

Thread Information