Thread: Blackra1n 3.1.2 jailbreak for all models

Default Blackra1n 3.1.2 jailbreak for all models

The new jailbreak "blackra1n" by geohot has just been released and it works on iPhone 1G, 2G, 3G, 3GS and iPod Touch 1G, 2G, 3G.

PLEASE NOTE:
    - It requires the 3.1.2 jailbreak that will update your baseband so DO NOT use this jailbreak right now if you plan on unlocking your iPhone!
    - Blackra1n does not hacktivate.
    - 3G iPod Touch users must re-run blackra1n at every boot (tethered).
    - The jailbreak is only for Windows, and does work on the new Windows 7.

Super Quick Instructions:
    1. Update or Restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes
    2. Launch blackra1n
    3. Press "make it ra1n"
    4. Finished!

You can find the download link at the blackra1n website - http://www.blackra1n.com/

Edit: Just added a bit more information.
    Last edited by Kulawend; October 13th, 2009 at 00:26.

DCEmu Regular

this does not work at all on my ipod touch 3 rd gen 8gb what a load of crap it is now i have to wait even longer to have it jailbreaked all thanks to that damn tethering in the ipt3

Quote Originally Posted by devdj View Post
    this does not work at all on my ipod touch 3 rd gen 8gb what a load of crap it is now i have to wait even longer to have it jailbreaked all thanks to that damn tethering in the ipt3
    There's no such thing as an iPod Touch 3G 8GB, the 8GB model is actually a 2G. You only got the 3G model if you purchase a 32GB or 64GB.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kulawend View Post
    There's no such thing as an iPod Touch 3G 8GB, the 8GB model is actually a 2G. You only got the 3G model if you purchase a 32GB or 64GB.
    It's better to classify the third generation of iPod Touch 8GB as a 3G model because it's unbreakable, whereas the 2G 8GB is. But technically, the third generation iPod Touch 8GB has the same basic hardware as the second generation iPod Touch 8GB.

Anyone having problems jailbreaking their device should check out this Youtube video,

I had problems jailbreaking my 16gb 3g iPhone, couldn't get it to work using Vista. Decided to try it on my Windows XP pc and eventually managed to get it to work.

Thread Information