Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSPSIM: A SamCoupé Emulator for PSP v1.0.1

psp PSPSIM: A SamCoupé Emulator for PSP v1.0.1

Hi All,

SimCoupe emulates a SAM Coupe - an 8-bit, Z80-based home computer released in 1989 by Miles Gordon Technology.
    For more information on the machine itself, including history and technical specification you can go on the SimCoupe web site

Originally developed for UNIX and DOS systems by Allan Skillman, it has been then improved and ported to SDL by Simon Owen, Dave Laundon.

I've sucessfully modified, and port the source code of the CVS version 0.90 beta 4 of SamCoupe.
    It's now working fine on PSP !

It has been developped on linux for Firmware 2.5 using the great GTA eloader (0.97) from http://www.fanjita.org/, but it should work properly
    on other firmwares. I've integrated a 1.5FW binary version (kxploit).

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

It's a first beta release and work still remain (speed, save state etc ...)

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public licence, read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

PS: Special thanks to Danzel and Jeff Chen for their virtual keyboard, and to all PSPSDK developpers.

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

Sweet!! This is real cool. The only thing is that like Zx-81 said its a lil slow. On the lemmings game I clicked on one player and it took 2 minutes to load at 333mhz. The only thing I would like to see is the A-pad used instead of the d-pad. The a-pad is much faster to switch between lemmings. Nonetheless this is a great emu!! keep up the good work!!!

zx you are one crazy porting mo fo.
    man you must be up all night on coke just to bring us and update or new release each day.

but its all good.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luis_05
    Sweet!! This is real cool. The only thing is that like Zx-81 said its a lil slow.
    It's a bit slow yes, i haven't done any improvement on this part of the code.

Quote Originally Posted by luis_05
    On the lemmings game I clicked on one player and it took 2 minutes to load at 333mhz. The only thing I would like to see is the A-pad used instead of the d-pad. The a-pad is much faster to switch between lemmings. Nonetheless this is a great emu!! keep up the good work!!!
    About the a-pad/d-pad you can switch between the two in the emulator menu ... Like you, i'm using the analog pad for lemmings, it's more convenient
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

Sweet, thanks for the help. I didnt think u would respond this fast!!! lol. Once again great Emu dude!!!!

Man, you are the KING!!!

Hope you port Keen 4-6 soon then I would actually donate lots of money to you.. you've got the right idea on which emulators to make. Keep them coming! No rush, of course..

well, its another emulator to add to the massive collection

When I finally finish getting my PSP I'll be able to banish the memory of not being able to afford a SAM when I was younger, well ok I can do it now on the PC but not when in the car or in bed, good stuff.

I love you I love you I love you I love you! (In a manly heterosexual way of course!)
    I really never though Id see a SAM coupe emulator on the PSP - I asked you to do it expecting no reply.. Now look! You are truly the man Just gotta go and dust off my old SAM disks and convert them so I can play them
    Thanks again - you truly are a legend

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

man oh man reminds me of my training scheme back in the 80's not as good as I remember it lol.Good emu tho jesus how many peeps remember this computer when cpt america was the only good good game for it if you can call it that ??? Probably not many

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information