Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreamcast Controller Problem

DCEmu Coder

some use plain wire, but you lose the fuse benefit.
    You may use a fuse, someone just did a mod to be able to change it easyly : http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/vie...=932727#932727

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmcg View Post
    i am profession dreamcast repairman. and i do charge. however as a dreamcast owner i will accept dreamcast related hardware as payment. do you have and industry standard philips head screwdriver? if you do then place the console on its face. and undo the 4 screws (1 is under the internet adaptor which has to be removed.) unscrew and remove the power board get a cotton bud or q tip as americans would have it. dip slightly into a highly achololic substance and finely go over the board completle and dry it with the other end of it. do the same with the gd rom laser, the fan and the controller ports. this has to be done at least every 3 months
    That's bull$#@!. To anyone having this problem, I've had it before and it's easily fixable. So long as you've got a soldering iron and a 10 ohm resistor all will be fine. Check this page for instructions. http://devcast.dcemulation.com/mods/repair/repair.php

DCEmu Newbie

where would I be able to find new resistors or fuses to buy

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE L View Post
    where would I be able to find new resistors or fuses to buy
    It depends on where you live, I live in East Coast USA and my local shop for nerd supplies is Radio Shack. Im sure you can find the resistor you need in basically any home electronic, look up the chart for determining the value of a resistor. I have forgotten all the values but its not too hard to read and figgure out. Anyway rip apart any broken old thing and you will probally find what you need if you know what you are looking for. Usually when I need a resistor that I dont have the first thing I do is look at an old Atari 8-bit computer I use for salvage, and If I cant find it there then I look at a broken microwave in my basement...

DCEmu Newbie

There are more then one issue with the controller board problem.

1. Several Dreamcast controllers especially 3 party controllers cause the D.O.A controller board.

2. Gun's,Samba de amigo maraca's,arcade fighting sticks
    cause the issue.

3. In several Cases not only does the controller board die the controllers on board controller fry's in the process when this happens here are the top repair methods.

Top repair methods.

1. Replace the MainBoard.

2. Replace the controller board.

3. Replace the resistors.

To avoid this problem.

Make sure your Dreamcast is connected to a surge protector.

Use only Sega issued controllers. sorry to say this does basicly Kill gun use.

Only connect your Dreamcast to the internet when using the internet.

I have followed everything here and my original launch Dreamcast has been running fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information