Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIFI MAX ( Zydas ZD1211 chipset ) now works with Xlink Kai !

Blog Entries

psp WIFI MAX ( Zydas ZD1211 chipset ) now works with Xlink Kai !

Via Xlink Kai Forums

just went to the webiste of Zydas, the maker of the ZD1211 wifi chipset used in many USB Wifi adapters including the Datel Wifi MAX and noticed that new updated drivers (v 4.13) are available. I installed the new drivers and launched their config tool to see what features may have been added, I was surprised to see that there is a new option labelled "PSP Xlink Mode" , I think this enables the "promiscuous" for compatibility with Xlink Kai. Anyway, I enabled this new option, followed this tutorial and it worked !! , Please note that you can't use the same wifi card for connecting both to the psp and the internet at the same time. You've got to have another wifi/ethernet card or modem to let Xlink Kai connect through it to the internet.

Download Drivers

Give Feedback Via Comments

Question

so wat ya sayin is that this program allows the user to connect to the net on your computer throu your psp lik a wireless router

I still cant get this WIFI MAX thing to work!! I get the limited or no connectivity error!! Any suggestions?

yea what is this...

DCEmu Newbie

You need to run a game like... Virtua Tennis for example.. and HOST a multiplayer game... then, you scan (in Station Mode) and youl find something like PSP_SL_Virtua_something (a name including the games title), then you connect to that and finally you run XLink Kai on your computer...
    That's what I do and it works for me.
    Good luck.

Xlink basically allows you to play multiplayer games that are ad hoc only in infrastructure mode.
    WIFI Max is just a usb wifi dongle made by datel aimed at psp (and ds) users.

is there a difference between the ZD1211 and the ZD1211b chipset. Because i have the ZD1211B chipset and the new firmware doesnt work for me. Does this mean i still cant use my wifi max for xlink?

will this work for 2.6?

never mind, I got it figured out

Quote Originally Posted by StuiWooi
    Xlink basically allows you to play multiplayer games that are ad hoc only in infrastructure mode.
    WIFI Max is just a usb wifi dongle made by datel aimed at psp (and ds) users.
    No sorry, but xlink allows you to play ad hoc games not infrasturcture and allows only wrt54g router flashed with custom firmware to run in ad hoc, or you can now use wifi max might have to get one now cus my pci is sporadic as hell with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information