Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow PSPgo Sales In Australia

Blog Entries

psp Slow PSPgo Sales In Australia

PS3 sales in Australia are healthy, and the hold console has been selling over 10,000 units per week since early September. Sales of the PSPgo, which launched October 1 and is AUD$50 than the PS3, have been hardly robust.

According to Australian paper The Age, a source with access to official GfK sales figures divulged that the PSPgo sold fewer than 1,000 units in its first full week on sale in the territory.

Michael Ephraim, managing director of Sony Computer Entertainment Australia and New Zealand, told the paper that the sales figure was "not under 1000 but it's slightly over 1000" and called the release a "soft release". Major retailers like EBGames, Ephraim noted, have refused to carry the product.

"Clearly we haven't done massive numbers but it's not something that we're concerned about ... because there are still some issues that we need to work through," Ephraim said. An upcoming pre-Christmas PSPgo update will allow users to read e-books, and initially, a broad selection of comics will be offered with more to come in the future.

Next year, a download video service will be launched.

"I suppose the applications are going to catch up with the device," said Ephraim. "The connectability to the PS3 and those other applications will start making this device even more viable."

http://kotaku.com/5385598/slow-pspgo-sales-in-australia

My friend who lives in Melbourne told me about this. There was a lot of video game retailers in Australia that refused to hold the PSPGo. Same goes for some retailers in Netherlands as well

DCEmu Rookie

It's not surprising, since pspgo cant be pirated atm

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevo11185 View Post
    It's not surprising, since pspgo cant be pirated atm
    No. It's not just that.

It costs more money than normal, for a system requiring any existing collection of PSP games to be discarded and purchased again, with no real gain out of the deal other than the aesthetics of a goofy sliding-screen.
    The inability to rampantly run pirated ISOs isn't that big of a consideration in comparison.

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is good news for us gamers. I hope PSP Go Fails miserably.

Sony didn't listen to the consumers and instead just decided to launch an incomplete and overpriced product, certanly expecting us to buy it anyway.

DCEmu Newbie

At AUD$450 it's completely overpriced. You can get a regular PSP-3000 for $270 and probably less if you shop around.
    On top of that you can't use existing software. Why would anyone want to re-purchase software for it? What are Sony thinking?
    In which case it must be aimed at new users but then why would you buy it if you can get the 3000 so much cheaper?
    I think to have any chance of success it needs to be CHEAPER than the 3000.

Blog Entries

when i was in america i had the chance of buying one for 250 dollars, but had a good think about it and saw no reason for me getting one.

so i went out and paid for a GBA with 2GB hard drive built in

DCEmu Regular

To s0nny:

We Are Not St00pid.

I can use that $450 to wipe my bum. But I will shove it into my rectum if its a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by slaanesh View Post
    At AUD$450 it's completely overpriced. You can get a regular PSP-3000 for $270 and probably less if you shop around.
    On top of that you can't use existing software. Why would anyone want to re-purchase software for it? What are Sony thinking?
    In which case it must be aimed at new users but then why would you buy it if you can get the 3000 so much cheaper?
    I think to have any chance of success it needs to be CHEAPER than the 3000.
    All very true! :thumbup:

I think you would have to be a sony fanboy or just someone with far too much money to burn to invest in a pspgo! lol

Thumbs down

$450 AUS = £250 GBP

Result: Total rip off and I thought we folks in the UK were the ones getting majorly screwed over the price. That's a big fail from Sony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information