Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Release] Snes9X Euphoria R2 - Bugfixes galore

Quote Originally Posted by Auriman1 View Post
    After some quick investigation, I'll have to agree with Mista Grimm, it's probably an issue being caused by the cfw (I just checked a previously working version of Snes9xTYL, it now had the same problem).

I guess I'll just try formatting the memory stick, see if that clears it up.
    Thanks for telling me

I will wait for clarification before investigating, because as I said I haven't added or changed any code that should attribute to causing an error like that
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Default Donkey Kong Country

Strange artifacts in the first level ....

And I can't change the rendering engine it's always

return back to PSP accl.

DCEmu Newbie

Zack, what version of SNESADVANCE.DAT have you included with your build? Is this the latest version compiled by Mog123 with incorporated, psp specific hacks? I posted it in another thread, somewhere on DCemu this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx1337 View Post
    Zack, what version of SNESADVANCE.DAT have you included with your build? Is this the latest version compiled by Mog123 with incorporated, psp specific hacks?
    Yup
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Auriman1 View Post
    Here's a bug I'm encountering:

It keeps spitting out an "error reading memstick" message at me when I start it up. I have to click through that message several times before it lets me in, then it works fine.

Never had this problem with the Snes9xTYL releases.

Just for reference, I'm running a PSP-1000 with a 4GB Sandisk card on 5.50Gen-B, putting it in the GAME folder.

You shouldnt have to reformat. Make a new folder (even inside the snes euphoria folder, and then cut and paste youre roms there).
    It will probably still give you the error the first time you run it (since the roms wont be where it expects them to be) but on subsequent runs i stopped getting the error without having to reformat the memory stick.

Thumbs up

Well, both formatting my memory stick and changing to 5.00M33-6 didn't solve my problem.

HOWEVER, after some research, I figured out the reason I thought my most recent version of Snes9XTYL hadn't been previously causing problems (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=254128) was because I had simply been patching in the eboot.pbp, homehook.prx, mediaengine.prx, and snesadvance.dat files into the already existing folder I got from this version: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...ight=snes9xtyl.

I have no idea what's the real root of the problem, but this set-up stopped it from occuring any more. As a note, if I changed the folder name from Snes9xTYL, the problem would still occur. If anyone else is experiencing this problem, I attached the folder I concocted which fixed the problem to this post.
    ANYWAY, keep up the good work, Zack, your efforts are appreciated!

I only got the error with memorystick the very first time running the emu. Once you hit square or triangle then point it to roms folder the emu remembers.

formatting the stick or changing firmwares should not be necessary and the message should be changed to
    point the path to roms folder

I'd tried restarting several times after loading a rom, it simply wouldn't remember the directory.

Ah well, problem solved either way. I'm diggin' the speed-ups to Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dream Land 3

Hi. I registered just to post in this thread and say thanks, Zack, for your work.

Unfortunately, I'm having a few issues with the R2 where the R1 worked wonders. For example, getting into the menu takes considerable more time in the R2, with an additional 1-2 second delay. I'm not quit sure how that peeped in. Additionally, I don't seem to be able to change the video engine from PSP Accelerated to the other options, either. I find that Contra III actually ran slower with the default settings, and so when I compared the two I found that R1 had Frameskip 0. That helped tons.

Overall, though, great work!

If you keep working, this may turn out to be the best SNES emulator on the psp yet. Keep it up my friend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information