Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Release] Snes9X Euphoria R2 - Bugfixes galore

Thumbs up [Release] Snes9X Euphoria R2 - Bugfixes galore

Via RetroEmu

Hey everyone. I would first of all like to say thank you for all the positive response towards my work and for all the bug reports.

For the record, I know I have been stated as saying use frameskip 3 to get good speed, but even without it it is faster than the previous snes emulator releases. I re-wrote parts of the renderer, I didn't just hike up frameskip and claim mine was faster. This might not be the case for every game and might not be by much, but it is faster.

Also I'm not doing this for a popularity stunt, or just to claim "mines better than yours". I am doing this because I love the Snes and want to see it emulated at proper speed on the PSP and was sad to see it abandoned. I do not claim to be the worlds greatest coder, or emulation guru. Like everyone else I am learning on a daily basis. Programming is a hobby for me, I don't do it for a living. I know there is a lot more work to be done, so please bear with me.

This build isn't really any faster than the previous one, it's mainly a stability release. I will be back to speed improvements in the next release.

Changes :

[+] Bug where you couldn't have more than 200 roms in the ROMS folder or the emulator would crash is now fixed. (I tested with 800 roms in there)

[+] Bug where the emulator would freeze then hard-power-off your PSP after trying to load more than 3 roms is now fixed. (I tried loading rom after rom at least 12 times with no issues)

[+] Bug where you couldn't return to the menu after running a game is now fixed. (thank god lol)

[+] Bug where emulator would hard-power-off PSP when exiting rather than return to the Xmb is now fixed (both in file menu and main menu)

[+] Bug where the emulator wouldn't start on Gen firmware fixed (tested by myself on 5.50GenC and Cmbeke on 5.50GenB)

[+] Possible minor speedups from code cleanup.

[+] Removed the intro screen for now. (will be configurable in the next build)

[+] Added the latest version of the snesadvance.dat file (Adds more speedhacks)
    So that's it. It finally seems stable, I know this emulator has a bad rep for being terribly unstable but it really seems solid now.

I hope you enjoy this release and if you have any bugs please post them in the : Snes9X Euphoria - Official Forum

Note : To get the best performance I recommend the following settings :

Render : PSP Accelerated
    Frameskip : 3 (frameskip @ 1 seems to be sufficient for most games to play at 60fps)

Note : The PSP Accelerated renderer can be buggy, it works fine in most games but certain games may have graphical errors which render them unplayable. If this happens I recommend switching to the PSP Accelerated + Aprox soft renderer.

Thanks!

If you downloaded the R2 release, please download the new R2.1 release as it fixes a bug with loading a new rom (it would crash the psp) - Same link

Download via attachment
    Last edited by Zack; October 21st, 2009 at 02:45.
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

DCEmu Newbie

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out, I'll post my results on your forum

DCEmu Newbie

I agree with you zack u made wolfenstien 3d work correct on psp and I think it's great that you want to see snes fullspeed on psp on all games hell I would help you if I could but I don't know how to code but Im glad to see your doin this to have our dreams of a perfec snes emu on psp anyways great release.

DCEmu Newbie

I don't suppose (fingers crossed etc) that this version finally supports sleep mode?

Keep truckin' you are right that the PSP deserves a fast and stable SNES emulator. More power to your coding elbow!

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinekid View Post
    I don't suppose (fingers crossed etc) that this version finally supports sleep mode?

Keep truckin' you are right that the PSP deserves a fast and stable SNES emulator. More power to your coding elbow!
    Thanks

I haven't looked into the sleep mode issue yet, sorry
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

bro major props for having your time for doing this. you don't know how much i love the snes, i still have it with me in the closet,again keep it up ..your doing a great job .

DCEmu Rookie

Hey Zack I have a MAJOR BUG REPORT FOR YA.

The version R1 completely nuked my data on my memory stick. I got a read error I got a read error when booting, tried it for a game, exited and poof all my data was gone I didn't have a back up of my psp game saves so their gone .

On the + side the one rom I did play Rom beautifully.
    Last edited by Brainy142; October 21st, 2009 at 03:56. Reason: addded info

It's amazing to see someone working on snes again. If the PSP is missing something, I'd say it is a great snes emulator. Thank you for taking the time to work on this and show us just how possible it is to see our favorite games on the go at great speeds.

Will be testing! Nice to see an update so soon.

man zack you work fast thanks for all the work you get much love & respect from all of us who doesn't love snes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information