Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: s9xTYLmecm 091023rd - Snes Emulator for PSP

Quote Originally Posted by Viral Decadent View Post
    I think it's a little strange we get these "Speed Improvements" right after Zack released his great entry into the SNES scene.
    I haven't released the source yet so unless they went to the hassle of decompiling the eboot then working though the mess to see the source, they did it themselves.

Collaboration isn't possible due to the language differences. There speedups though are identical R2 and it still suffers from the same graphical glitches as R2 so I guess they just did the same optimization as I did.

I can safely say these guys will never release their source code. I plan to soon (it's so messy from rukka's work that I want to clean it up before releasing)

I will see this though until the end, I don't know about the other guys. (just check out my work on Wolf3D for proof!)

Use whichever version you like though
    My Business (Games, Apps & More):

Gremlin Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I will see this though until the end, I don't know about the other guys. (just check out my work on Wolf3D for proof!)

I'll stick to using yours ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by SmashinGit View Post
    I'll stick to using yours ;-)
    I will also :thumbup:
    These other guys can steal but when the awesome menu is redone for the next Euphoria release it's gonna be a bit tougher to steal that and not have people notice :rofl::rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I haven't released the source yet so unless they went to the hassle of decompiling the eboot then working though the mess to see the source, they did it themselves.

Collaboration isn't possible due to the language differences. There speedups though are identical R2 and it still suffers from the same graphical glitches as R2 so I guess they just did the same optimization as I did.

I can safely say these guys will never release their source code. I plan to soon (it's so messy from rukka's work that I want to clean it up before releasing)

I actually play your version of Wolf3D quite often and am very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by B2K24 View Post
    These other guys can steal but when the awesome menu is redone for the next Euphoria release it's gonna be a bit tougher to steal that and not have people notice :rofl::rofl:
    Yeah, right... did you read this thread at all?

Anyway, I think it's great we now got two "competing" coders, it can only result in better software for us all.
    (Though I wish the Japanese coder would release his source code, or would directly collaborate with Zack. Cooperation would probably lead to even better results than competition [yeah, I'm no fan of the so-called "free market" ].)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information