Thread: Nintendo DS Drum Machine Updated

Blog Entries

NDS Nintendo DS Drum Machine Updated

The Chuckster has updated his Drum Machine app for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new etc:

Now that I'm starting to get a bit more time, I released a major update. A TR-808 sample set has been added which adds a lot of new sounds to the drum machine. I added a 909 GUI with touch screen support using the image headspin gave me at the DS Dev forums. The drum machine can now load Wave files along with Raw files, but it can't handle arbitrary sample sets yet. Half-volume and full-volume drums are supported, too, in order to have accents.

I'm going to have to release this for media devices only, though, because at this point, providing another binary with all of the samples hard coded into one ROM would make the source code a nightmare. After all, I designed it from the ground up to support some sort of file system. Also, I made the code much more modular and object-oriented in order to make room for more of the planned features. I fixed up the documentation a bit to explain the new things, and I made up a new the demo song with a four to the floor beat, an 808 solo, and part of the Amen Break by the Winstons.

Update - Nobody could run the GBAMP version, so I made a version that works on everything with the samples hard coded into the binary. Check the download links above. It even works in Dualis with sound.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

This is for the GBAMP?!?!?! I have the GBAMP v2 and the M3, it works on neither for me, and I can't find dude man's E-mail adress or docs for that matter, to write him or read up on what I'm doing wrong.

It says that it is loading up files, but errors because it can not un-load them?

This sux, I was really excited about this one. :/

This is for the GBAMP?!?!?! I have the GBAMP v2 and the M3, it works on neither for me, and I can't find dude man's E-mail adress or docs for that matter, to write him or read up on what I'm doing wrong.

It says that it is loading up files, but errors because it can not un-load them?

This sux, I was really excited about this one. :/

DCEmu Newbie

so what happened? chuckster's site seems to have been down for a while, and the new version doesn't seem to work for me (SCSD, of course). Any news?

Thread Information