Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Explanation why i removed the PSPHomebrew site newspost

Blog Entries

Exclamation Little Explanation why i removed the PSPHomebrew site newspost

thanks to Motz for posting that news but i removed and ill tell u why

First off Fanjita is great and all and personally i think he should have his own forums, that way him and ditlew get full control over that side of things, its not hard to get mods to help etc.

but about the psphomebrew site

I noticed no links to developer pages and the true release threads, the old eloader list was the same too, if you followed fanjitas pages you would think that everything was released at QJ and as you know this is far from the truth, infact it does a massive harm to the community when linking isnt correct (unless its a warez page example maxconsole).

until there is true linkage to the real release page i cant support it, i would love fanjita to also have his own forums and really all coders need to push qj.net to link to coders sites, all other download systems link to release sites, its a way of giving something back.

Dream Coder

So basically you have decided to delete a legit newspost because you don't like the source? (i'm not trying to be sarcastic, I just have no idea what you're talking about) could you link to the newspost that was deleted, or did you physically remove it?
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

its in the deleted forum. (we don't remove any posts, just move them to delete)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...840#post126840

It was not a release or anything but a post publicizing Fanjita new site, but Fanjita does not link back to the original authers site, he just links to QJ downloads page (which does not link to the original authers site).

I don't know the full story, but i'm pretty sure i saw Fanjita posts that linking to QJ downloads is good enough for him, and does not plan to change.

btw its not becuase it a competitors site, we do post about launchs or competitors sites all the time.

Blog Entries

yeah if only we could push them into linking to the original release pages then everything would be good.

thats why i kept this in the coders forum

Sorry, I seen the news on a few PSP sites and I noticed that it wasn't on here so I thought I'd post it. I've had a look at it and I have to agree that it is mostly links to qj.net .

Blog Entries

yeah its not anything against you

but i will make a stand for something i believe should be done

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster
    yeah its not anything against you

but i will make a stand for something i believe should be done
    The site looks more like free advertising for qj.net .

Quote Originally Posted by pspupdates.qj.net
    Fanjita already made a thread for everyone. As you would expect, every PSP file can be found either on our old files site (for older versions) or DL.QJ.Net.

Blog Entries

yeah one reason im not playing ball

Dream Coder

Even a cursory glance of the site will let you know that he does link a lot of them to places other than qj. But even disregarding that, you are basically banning information on your forums mostly because it is biased in favor of your main competitor. I'm not big into psp homebrew or anything, but the site is a listing of compatability, that he has been nice enough to put hyperlinks for everything, it is not intented to be a downloading nexus. I really couldn't care less either way, but what will you do when the inevitable happens and somebody else posts about the site?
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

We are not banning the site (we don't ban links to pspu) we just won't support it with a news post. And Quzar its nothing to do with pspu being our main competitor, its the way they are doing things, its just wrong

like if a warez site had a good listing of compatability would we newspost that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information