Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FAME C coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser
    I'd like to second Chui's request for FAZE though. Aren't you working with BlackAura on GenesisPlusDC ?

Z80 emulation really needs by far the most CPU resources in GenesisPlusDC
    FAZE is in the debugging stage. I really hate to debug an SH4 assembly core. It is bored, requires a lot of time to and sometimes you feel like if you were alone in the middle of a desert. Dealing with a C written core is MUCH easier. Luckily, Chui is always ready to help me out. I do not know when i will afford enough strength to get in front of this beast.

BA looks to be out of GPDC works. The last time i had contact with him, he said he will test a new version of FAME, but he never let me know anything else.

Have a nice day!
    - fox68k -

Quote Originally Posted by fox68k
    FAZE is in the debugging stage. I really hate to debug an SH4 assembly core. It is bored, requires a lot of time to and sometimes you feel like if you were alone in the middle of a desert.

Dealing with a C written core is MUCH easier. Luckily, Chui is always ready to help me out. I do not know when i will afford enough strength to get in front of this beast.
    Okay, I see what the problem is. Hopefully you find the strength again one day.

Take your time, take your time.

BA looks to be out of GPDC works. The last time i had contact with him, he said he will test a new version of FAME, but he never let me know anything else.

Hm, I think he didn't get FAME to work properly.

Here are his latest posts regarding GenesisPlusDC:
    http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/vie...=878593#878593

FAME is harder to implement than C68k. Basically, the most difficult part is the memory layout definition. I recommend BA long time ago to use a single memory handler to deal with. BA always wanted to define a good mem layout mostly because you get a faster emulation. While this is the best option in terms of speed, you need to know what you are doing perfectly.

FAME does memory this way: i won't check anything. Take care to avoid falling into the bad weeds otherwise this will fail, for sure.

It would be nice to make things easier for coder but FAME is complex and requires a great effort in the coder side to get the best results. FAME was designed this way to reach as much performance as possible. If you do not take care seriously in this point you will get lost and frustrated.

I tried to help BA, but i cannot handle this:

- BA works in a DC environment only. No PC execution is possible in the same conditions. Well, SDL code is there to support it, but it looks like a dev branch quite different. The PC version of FAME helps a lot to debug. This point is very important.

- Adding new features is nice when the thing is mature. Adding it earlier is not a good idea specially if they are related with memory. We can live without SRAM support in GPDC for a while.

Said this, let me know what can i do for BA beyond the complete doc included in FAME and this useful tips.

Greetings.
    - fox68k -

A user of this forum asks me about the current state of FAME C to use it in PSPUAE. Since i cannot reply him by PM (he does not admit PM), here is.

Currently, there is a preliminar version of FAME C available that runs successfully the FAME example. However, it won't be useful for Amiga emulation.

I would love to see a FAME MIPS come true, but requires a very motivated coder to help me out with debugging.

Certainly having a build of UAE4all running in the PSP helps a lot. The bad news come looking at Amiga emulation. You need a really good 68k core in order to run UAE otherwise the vast majority of the games won't run.

Cheers.
    - fox68k -

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

I would love to see a FAME MIPS come true, but requires a very motivated coder to help me out with debugging.
    A FAME MIPS?
    That means Chui's emus (mame4all,neo4all) could be easily ported to PS2 ?
    That's cool if it is ture~~

Thumbs up UAE4ALL with FAME/C

FAME/C is working with UAE4ALL.

I hope that Critical will launch a new release of UAE4ALL for GP2X coming soon and i think that will run at fullspeed.

Hi everyone,

FAME C is finally fully compatible with FAME X86 and SH4 assembly versions (API and data structure). This is, any 4ALL emulator running with any FAME can be ported easily to any platform (GP32, GP2X, PSP, DS, PS2, etc.).

Since the main target for 4ALL emulators is the DC (a very low power system), almost every emulator ported will be full speed!!

I will release a new FAME package with FAME C, X86 and SH4 versions along with docs as soon as possible.

Keep tunned coders.

Best regards.
    - fox68k -

Thumbs up Download FAME/C

Quote Originally Posted by gxb View Post
    A FAME MIPS?
    That means Chui's emus (mame4all,neo4all) could be easily ported to PS2 ?
    That's cool if it is ture~~
    Fame/C is multiplatform, is 100% C code.

You can download lastest HERE.

I think that now it is stable and it is ready for releasing.
    Also, i just test it with UAE4ALL and DCaSTaway.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chui View Post
    Fame/C is multiplatform, is 100% C code.

You can download lastest HERE.

I think that now it is stable and it is ready for releasing.
    Also, i just test it with UAE4ALL and DCaSTaway.
    What about your new releases with FAZE core?
    I mean mame4all or aes4all with Faze.
    We are all waiting for them .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information