Thread: Ready to DEV!! Except, need KalistOS

Unhappy Ready to DEV!! Except, need KalistOS

Hey guys...

Sorry to post a newb thread like this, but my Coders Cable just came in, and I'm pretty anxious to start up and get the dev env set up. I have tried to trace down KalistOS online, but I'm not super familiar with how to install it (since I wanted to use Subversion, and the tutorials on the official page are somewhat confusing).

The SourceForge page looks to be outdated by the release/snapshots on the official gamedev.allusion.net page, however, I'm not familiar with using snapshots or installign from them, (is that not CVS? sorta linux noob too, but im learning/forcing myself to familiarize). I just want an easy solution to get up and deving. Alot of the resources (via hitmen-console, and this site) have turned up broken links, not found webarchive sites, and even some spam, one site completely overloaded me with pop-ups).

Is there more complete tutorials, or any pages that really can help me out at this point, or is it a lost cause and the scene is pretty much dead? I'd appreciate any help. I basically would like to be in a position where I could have my environment set up, and than I could back up all the files I downloaded to get there, on a DVD so that in the future I wont be without the ability to install and go back to deving.

I'm really quite anxious Im pretty excited and happy dudes lol... Thanks for the help

Thank youfor the link! I look forward to trying it out when I get home

I hope it comes with documentation :P

Smile

Also, you can try Propeller DCFreeDev package.

It includes DevCpp already full configurated for Dreamcast and GP32 too.

If you have any problem, don't hesitate to reply here

Bye

DCEmu Newbie

When I try to decompress DCFreeDev package 1.1 (winRAR 3.6 beta4), I'm having problems at 4th part... I downloaded it again, and same problem.... Any help?

Yea im having trouble with it too, I keep getting errors when it trys to uncompress them.

Thread Information