Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gradius Collection US ver.

Blog Entries

psp Gradius Collection US ver.

New PSP Game on preorder from SuccessHK:

The revival of one of the great classics in side-scrolling blast-em-ups. This compilation features five Gradius titles to the PSP as part of one content-packed collection: Gradius I, II, III, IV and Gradius Gaiden. A number of extra modes have been packed in as well. Players will be able to chose from a number of options, setting the size of their ship, turning arcade-accurate slowdown on and off, and zooming up the action to fill the screen. Gradius I and II have been given an option to expand the play map for full screen play for the PSP's widescreen view. A new save/load system allows you to save directly from the pause screen whenever you like and continue play on your favorite or most challenging parts of stages. And the new gallery content is sure to please all Gradius fans, with movies from Gradius Deluxe Pack (PlayStation), Gradius III & IV (PS2) and Gradius Gaiden (PlayStation) as well as a sound gallery with music from all titles.

toooooootally stoked on this. too bad I'll have to get a modchip to play it- no way in hell I'm giving up homebrew.

DCEmu Regular

For the price of a modchip just get a core psp. I'm sure you can find some for cheap. I know it's nice having it all on one system but man I don't think that modchip is going to be easily available any time soon or if it ever will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by zackforbing
    toooooootally stoked on this. too bad I'll have to get a modchip to play it- no way in hell I'm giving up homebrew.
    You don't need a mod chip. I've been playing the Japanese version because it can be loaded on 1.50 PSP's. This is a very cool compilation. Definitely worth owning if you are a long-time gamer or even new to Gradius.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    You don't need a mod chip. I've been playing the Japanese version because it can be loaded on 1.50 PSP's. This is a very cool compilation. Definitely worth owning if you are a long-time gamer or even new to Gradius.
    What firmware does the japanese one require?
    I'm guessing its still too high to load on 1.00 PSP with devhook

Quote Originally Posted by mog
    What firmware does the japanese one require?
    I'm guessing its still too high to load on 1.00 PSP with devhook
    The Japanese version has a firmware requirement of 2.50. The code for the UMD I have is ULJM05091.

Full game I$O is only 323MB and it can be reduced and DAX'd to around 250MB.

I don't know if the current loaders and methods would work on 1.00 firmware but there is a NO UMD fix for the game that would allow you to load it from your memory stick just like a homebrew eBoot. Maybe you could take the NO UMD fix and convert the eboots to a 1.00 eBoot with PSP Brew or similar tool.

Anyway, with all that you can do now with 1.50, you might as well upgrade from 1.00. I don't think you'll ever regret it.

DCEmu Regular

Yeah I was so worried when I upgraded my 1.0 psp to 1.5 but man after I did i was loving it! You really should update from 1.0 to 1.5. It really only takes 5 extra seconds to put stuff off of your pc to your psp. Also there are programs to get rid of the corrup icons with ease, so there really is no reason not to upgrade to 1.5.

Also hasen't an app just come out that lets 1.00 users backup their firmware and revert back to it from 1.5? or something like that. So you could go back.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Decius
    Also hasen't an app just come out that lets 1.00 users backup their firmware and revert back to it from 1.5? or something like that. So you could go back.
    OH yeah! You are right indeed! Its called FW 1.00 Die Hard Trilogy (Backup & Restore Tools)

From what I've read it seems to work but appears to be for advanced users. Also, it is a "use at your own risk" tool and still early to know if it causes any damage to the PSP so I'd wait to hear more results.

Again, Just upgrade to 1.50 - It is by far the firmware of choice for all PSP homebrew. It will open up a new world for you and you will have no regrets...

DCEmu Regular

Yeah, most loaders don't work on 1.00...
    well when I say most I mean all except devhook (v0.22 and lower)
    MPH said he was gonna try to get his firmware loader working on 1.00 PSPs somewhen...
    that was a loooong time ago though...

With 0okm's new backup & restore tools, I could update to 1.50-2.00 and still get back to 1.00 later.
    I trust it to work okay, 0okm is quite knowledgeable and TSR had 1.00 and used it.
    TSR went from 1.00 to 1.50 and used the tools to revert back to 1.00 with no problem at all.

I may aswell go up to 1.50 for a while so I can buy this game and a few others.
    Only the japanese version of this game will work I guess?
    And it needs to be backed up as I$0...
    But then again, I won't really loose much space ony my memory stick if I'm on 1.50.
    I will be able to play my Lumines (needs 1.50) from the UMD instead of ISO.

It depends if the modchip is coming out any day soon.
    There are a couple of other slight advantages of having 1.00 but they are fairly minor.
    I'm glad I kept 1.00 this long, otherwise I would not be able to get back to it using 0okm's tools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information