Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP Flash Auto Installer v1.0 by Shallan

Blog Entries

psp PSP Flash Auto Installer v1.0 by Shallan

Shallan posted a new release for those with 2.7 + firmware:

PSP Flash Auto Installer v1.0 by Shallan 2/6/06

This program will allow you to distribute flash content (or indeed any browser content) that will autoinstall onto the users PSP. Simply put your file/files into the data folder and change the setup.ini accordingly. Below is an explanation of the setup.ini file, included in this package is my game xword as an example ( I used this as it MUST be installed in the correct place to work).

title=Xword -> Title displayed on the installer and also in the bookmarks
    path=PSP/Xword/ -> Path to copy data to on the PSP must terminate in a /
    start=PSPXword.swf -> the file to run when the bookmark is clicked

The only requirement is that the user has their PSP plugged in obviously and has at least one bookmark else the installer just quits.

This should hopefully stem the steady flow of "how do I install this" questions and also simplify bookmark setups.

Mac version should follow in a few days once I can get on a Mac to test it. Note this will work on most versions of Windows but it wont work on NT4.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by gsyph0
    crap. that would be like my only motivation for upgrading. Man I want to download all my favorite flash games on there so I don't have to be online. Any homebrew flash support for us 2.0 and earlier holdouts?
    Umm the PSP flash is only on micromedia flash 6. Some of your favourites might not work if they are on a higher flash version.

DCEmu Newbie

...good idea,
    ok for the first release.

i wish it would be a bit more automatic...
    there´s no difference between editing the config and writing in the browser...how about a menu...
    regards emil

okay...so the flash apps go into the browser then? I thought the browser (I'm on 2.0) couldn't support flash...or does this program fix that?

a little lost here

V2.70 + 2.71 supports flash.

crap. that would be like my only motivation for upgrading. Man I want to download all my favorite flash games on there so I don't have to be online. Any homebrew flash support for us 2.0 and earlier holdouts?

UPDATE : Mac version now available for download at Mac Auto Flash Installer

I have packaged this as a .zip rather than a .sit to allow PC developers to add/remove files from the archive so they can still distibute their content for macs to install. PC owners DO NOT unpack this and repack expecting this to work again on a mac, windows will corrupt some data in the .osx file and the xtras folder and prevent it from running.

Mac users : Simply follow the same instructions from the PC version but run setup.osx rather than setup.exe and do not remove the xtras folder it is used to power the installer.

Im really retard can you explain in more detail im lost sorry, and thanks in advanced

what is a bookmark

Is this a program that I run on my desktop to download flash games to my psp?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information