Thread: Thrillville takes console owners for a ride

Blog Entries

psp Thrillville takes console owners for a ride

I love Theme Parks even though the robbin basts take the piss with what they charge but anyway heres a nice bit of news from CVG:

Frontier Software (the team behind RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 on PC) and LucasArts (the publisher that cancelled Sam & Max Freelance Police, boo) have announced a brand new console theme park sim, Thrillville.

As with its PC cousin, Thrillville promises to combine "elements of social interaction, party gaming and simulation like nothing before", as well as enabling gamers to "experience the joys of creating and playing within their very own theme park. At the same time, it offers the necessary depth to reward those who want to tweak and customize to their heart's content."

Thrillville features 150 unique attractions (including roller coasters, thrill rides, stalls, videogame arcades, hover-car soccer, trampolines and bumper cars) and 15 different environments (five parks with three themes each, it says here). The twist is that you'll be able to experience the park first hand, ramming friends on the dodgems, playing the mini-golf courses you lay out, taking on other players at first-person shooting games and so on - experience "at ground level what you've created as a playable character who can actively chat, joke and even flirt with every single park guest".

It sounds rather grand to us - but then we've been suckers for theme park games since Bullfrog's title all those moons ago. Thrillville is set to arrive on Xbox, PS2 and PSP this Christmas. And we've got one solitary screenshot to tide you over until then.

Screenshot Via Comments

looks awesome and its for the psp that rocks. im not good at coding or anything for the psp but i was wondering if someone could find a way to port roller ceaster tycoon 1 to the psp? you guys did it to duke nukem and thats another one of my favorite pc games. just an idea lol well pm me if it is possible.

yeah roller coaster tycoon would be sweet for the psp i had the original for the pc but it doesnt run on my new pc so if i ever want to play it i have to play the new one cause i bought the 3rd one but i still think that the original is the best

this looks like a very good game, but when i asked someone about porting roller coaster tycoon, they told me that i would have to get the source code for it
    so if you get then its possible, but it has to be legal

hmm well i dont know about finding the source code but ill see what i can do

ok quick question whats the original rollercoaster tycoon called?

just roller coaster tycoon

Thread Information