Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: MY PSP got Partially Bricked!!! HELP!!

So, can anyone confirm for me what I posted on #8?
    It would be of great help.

Sorry to hear it man
    try updating the eboot way

I can't access any eboots.
    Now I simply have a PSP 1.50 that plays up to 1.50 version games, and a PSP 2.70 which I bought two months ago... I guess this is just how SONY would have wanted it.

Can someone please confirm my #8 post query. Please.

lol dont mean 2 laugh but thats kinda funny

try using links 2 (the homebrew web browser for psp 1.5) to download all necesary homebrew/updated and see if that works

also, try to use links to download a new topmenu_plugin.rco

Hopefully the modchip will fix your problem.

Yeah I know, the modchip fix is the only thing I've thought about, thanks for pointing it out...

But I'm curious...Is there any way a homebrew shell application, like say IR shell, Psix or Artillery can boot from startup, instead of the regular PSP menu?

What I mean is, this would allow me to bypass the PSP default menu and be able to load a flash custom app like Flashmod, and then I could restore the original "topmenu_plugin.rco" and get my PSP to function normally again...I hope.

what happens if you put in a game which requires an update, i know you cant update from the disc initially, as that needs to be done via the XMB, but maybe if you load up a game it will then take you back to the update symbol. also try UMD movies and Music, as they cant boot on startup.

if that doesnt work, my only guess is serial port access, but i know nothing about it other than you get direct access to the psp files

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by coo
    try using links 2 (the homebrew web browser for psp 1.5) to download all necesary homebrew/updated and see if that works

also, try to use links to download a new topmenu_plugin.rco
    Please explain, because my dilemma here is that the main PSP menu got corrupted. That means, I cannot acces anything, not even the settings, except a UMD in the UMD drive.

Also, any UMD's that require an update higher than 1.50 will not load, not even the update prompt, resulting in a freeze followed by a system forced shutdown... So, I'm limited to playing my four 1.50 UMDs that I already beat a long time ago. Save works fine, too.

My video UMDs don't even load. I have two 1.50 movies: Spiderman 2 from the initial bundle pack, and Hellboy. I tried both and I just get the background freeze into a system forced shutdown.

OK...Just to clear things up a bit for people who are first timers to my shameful thread:

- I own a 1.50 firmware PSP with few games (6 to be precise)

- Yesterday, the GTA style customs for PSP came out, and I've always wanted to have that GTA font for some crazy reason.

- Soooo... I took the fonts for a spin with Flashmod v0.3 with font customization, and it worked like a charm.

- Then I got all curious about the whole deal with changing the PSP's menu text names and I thought I'd give it a try...you know, just for kicks.

- I did my research through various forums and found out it could be done with the same flashmod application, but first you had to patch a file called "topmenu_plugin.rco" with Loco's PSP Menu edit. Having that done all that was left to do was put the patched file on the root of your MS and run it through flashmod...Simple, right?

- To my complete horror, I now have a partially bricked PSP that only plays 1.50 games...Kinda like a Gameboy but whith better graphics XP. So it Sucks for me. Thank you.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information