Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new On-line portfolio

Smile My new On-line portfolio

Guys,

Here is a link to my new space on the web I made using Flash. Please check it out and let me know what you think about it.

http://www.eduardosartspace.com/

Thanks
    rmedtx

Acorn Electron User

Nice work Eduardo,

I particularly like the character and sprite work

If I could make a (hopefully) constructive criticism I would say that the background (with the planet, sunrise and wavy chrome filter overlay layer) is too distracting. I think it makes the site look dated (to my eyes at least). I like your logo and the grey header section looks nice and stylish but would probably prefer something cleaner and more minimal underneath it, perhaps with the use of just one additional bright colour to go with the greys to provide a sense of identity.

The portfolio looks like it's going to be quite extensive too. I enjoyed looking through it but I couldn't tell how many samples there were to click through, so perhaps a counter showing what number sample you're looking at and the total number would be cool so you can see how much more there is to come. ie "Sample 5 of 24", "5/24" etc.

I hope that helps in some way

Thanks for your feedback beetroot bertie,

You're right the background is busy, I updated the site using a less noisy image. About the counter... I think is an awesome idea. But I don't think I can do that yet. I'm new to Flash; This is the second project I work on. But as soon as I know how to create the counter I will for sure include it.

You've made some nice technical illustrations, rmedtx!

The sprites and company/tv show logos look great as well.

Acorn Electron User

Quote Originally Posted by rmedtx View Post
    About the counter... I think is an awesome idea. But I don't think I can do that yet. I'm new to Flash; This is the second project I work on. But as soon as I know how to create the counter I will for sure include it.
    I don't know as much about flash as I'd like to myself, but if your portfolio section is loading in external image files for each job sample, couldn't you just add the number to each image, maybe below or above the description? I guess it's a pain if you wish to reorder them though as you'll have to edit each image slide number appropriately

Or if each job sample (I'm guessing so this may be irrelevant) is on a unique frame in the flash timeline, you could just add some text as the counter that you manually change each keyframe. Once done then it doesn't matter if you swap the images around as the counter number is just set up to float in the right place over whatever image is loaded.

My apologies if all that is useless.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    You've made some nice technical illustrations, rmedtx!

The sprites and company/tv show logos look great as well.
    Thanks Eviltaco64!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by beetroot bertie View Post
    I don't know as much about flash as I'd like to myself, but if your portfolio section is loading in external image files for each job sample, couldn't you just add the number to each image, maybe below or above the description? I guess it's a pain if you wish to reorder them though as you'll have to edit each image slide number appropriately

Or if each job sample (I'm guessing so this may be irrelevant) is on a unique frame in the flash timeline, you could just add some text as the counter that you manually change each keyframe. Once done then it doesn't matter if you swap the images around as the counter number is just set up to float in the right place over whatever image is loaded.

Not useless at all beetroot bertie, these are great ideas. I'm trying to learn more flash ActionScript. I hope I will be able to ad a counter for the site. If not. I will probably use one of your ideas. Do you have a website of your work?

Quote Originally Posted by beetroot bertie View Post

Hi again beetroot bertie ,

I found out how to put a counter on the page as you suggested. It was really simple. I created a dynamic text box (counter_txt) and I used this line of code:

counter_txt.text = imageNumber+"/29";

where imageNumber was the variable I used to load the images.

Thanks again for your feedback. :thumbup:
    Last edited by rmedtx; November 11th, 2009 at 19:40. Reason: missing information

Acorn Electron User

Nice one. I'm glad you found a way to do it

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you use a variable to load the images? Is that a simple piece of script used with the arrow buttons?

Thanks bertie,

It's script that interacts with a UIloader depending on the button you click... I can send you the code for that section if you want.
    Last edited by rmedtx; November 11th, 2009 at 22:48. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information