Thread: Modern Warfare Wii review scores high

Blog Entries

Rev Modern Warfare Wii review scores high

The Official Nintendo Magazine has posted the first review of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex on Wii, giving it a positive 80/100 score.

"Amazingly it's almost exactly the same game, in structural terms at least, as the hi-def version," says the review, in praise of the game's fully retained campaign mode.

The review also compliments the game's fully-functional 10-player online mode with all the perks and ranking included, but says its visuals let it down. "Given the extra two years Treyarch had to squeeze every last drop of polish from the Wii, this is underwhelming visually. It looks okay for a Wii game - that's the dreaded caveat - but it's not even up there with Metroid Prime: Corruption."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS

Is 80 out of 100 really a good score though from an official nintendo publication?

Surely this game is about a year and a half too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    Is 80 out of 100 really a good score though from an official nintendo publication?

Surely this game is about a year and a half too late?
    Exactly, the graphics aren't ok for a ****ing wii game at all, there are better (very few) that look much detailed, this is a extremely bad port, it looks terrible and is a big diss to the original game for **** sake. mw2 FTW.

The only thing i can say positively is the controls feel good (apart from no real accuracy), other than that.. NOTHING!

[EDIT]
    It looks okay for a Wii game - that's the dreaded caveat -
    < So all the there 400+ wii games look ok? worse than many GC games, piss off. Is it any wonder i would never ever buy another wii game (New super mario bros) might be the only exception.

I remember when i first bought a wii back in feb07, first game i bought GT Pro Series and no freeking lie, it looked like a n64 game, says it all really.

Is there any game out which is really pushing the wii to the limits? I still maintain mario kart is the best looking game, period.
    Last edited by djdynamite123; November 12th, 2009 at 09:15.

Thread Information