Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homebrew Isnt About Warez

Blog Entries

psp Homebrew Isnt About Warez

To all those who are new and old to homebrew heres just a notice to you all, the homebrew scene is about the reverse engineering of consoles so that we get a legal scene, we never support pirating of systems that are being emulated ie PSP isos on the PSP.

Although Sony do their very best to kill homebrew on the PSP they will really never succeed, at some stage there will open a new exploit that opens homebrew for newer firmware.

Remember real homebrew sites such as DCEmu, Emuholic, GP32X etc will never post about iso loaders etc,

ISO Loaders only make Sony more determined to kill off the homebrew scene and mark us all the same.

Lets Keep Warez away From Our Homebrew Scene

so sorry about my post, though great achievment it does encourage the B*****d homebrew killers

dont bAN me for my naivity

amen

this needs to be posted on the news section every so often just so n00bs know what the deal is.

word

DCEmu Newbie

Agreed.

However, this new release of Devhook presents a very clear dilemma. Yes, it loads ISO's, but it also supplies a very legitimate use to 1.50 PSP users who are supporters of homebrew.

With Sony's current approach, supporting homebrew does just as much damage as piracy does - both keep people from buying new UMD games because we can't play them on 1.5/2.0 PSPs. That's why Devhook is a "breakthrough" and some of the biggest PSP news in a long while.

And if you'll notice, the news that was posted on "other sites" (which I'm certain inspired this post) didn't even mention the word ISO once. In fact, it was presented in such a non-piracy related way that many users didn't even know it could load ISOs. Its possible to dance with the devil and not get burned, and I think the "other site" did a decent and responsible job of it.

Devhook allows you to play UMD's that require higher firmware, fully enables the 2.0 browser, AAC audio support, and even the LocationFree functions. If it did none of these things and was just "an ISO loader" you can guarantee it would not've been posted on the "other site".

A very slippery slope, and not an easy decision - but I can honestly say that this new version of Devhook does more good for the legitimate PSP scene than harm. Now we can play great homebrew games like Callisto, and buy the latest UMD games as well. Its win-win for the PSP.

Those who would use it for piracy do so on their own behalf, and would do so with or without this program.

^^ i agree

with the devhook release 1.5ers can finally use the browser, and load umds like gta(with cheatdevice) and some of the other newer ones,,

also if booster gets 2.7 emulated 1.5ers can watch flash and play flash,, and it would bring some more devers for flash on psp,,

piracy with devhook is a choice,, you can do it, or not,, it offers more then just the sole purpose of iso loading, which makes it great

PSP Coder

I aggree with MalumEnSe,

For the most part. Only place where I differ is that I don't think there is any delima. It is totally worth re-iterating what this software provides:

1. Allows a 1.5 PSP to play 1.5 - 2.5 FW UMD games
    2. Provides new codecs for audio/video
    3. Web Browser
    4. Location free player
    5. Ability to run firmware from memory stick

I'm sure that doesn't even scratch the surface. I could care less that the thing can load ISOs, the other things this software has acomplished make it a news story as big as the kxplot/tiff explot/GTA explot. I think this should be stickied at the front page. If you start getting requests for ISOs as a reeult of this article, just ban the users who do so. But this is Summer blockbuster news for all 1.5 Hombrew loving PSP users!

Garak

Those *******s and there subliminal meseges!

SMOKE!

i think that if you like a psp game and you want a sequal then you SHOULD show your support and BUY IT ....dont ruin a good thing ...and worse yet....dont ruin DCemus good rep

dont pirate .....code!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information