Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Media Launcher

Blog Entries

NDS Max Media Launcher

Linkers4U.com are the latest online store to have the Max Media Launcher in stock, heres some details:

Product Features

The perfect solution for accessing media from any GBA Flash Storage device
    Simply snap in the Max Media Launcher cartridge and that's it
    Media, Freeware and other files stored on your flash card can be launched
    compatiblw with most types of flash cards, including M3 and NEO
    NDSL and NDS compatible

More Description

Hardcore gamers the world over invested in Flash Carts for their GBA handhelds, running home brew games or programs shared among users or downloaded from the internet. With a Flash Cart and an emulator, for example, you could play games for older machines such as the Mega Drive/Genesis or the Sinclair ZX Spectrum on your handheld. It was your ticket to a whole new world of home brew software and emulation gaming. Then came the Nintendo DS. It’s fully backwards-compatible with the GBA, but you could only use a Flash Cart in GBA mode. There was no easy way of accessing DS programs on your Flash Cart. Until now?
    MAX Media Launcher for the Nintendo DS and DS Lite is the perfect solution for accessing DS media from any GBA flash storage device. Simply snap in the Max Media Launcher cartridge, and that's it! Media, freeware, executables and other files stored on your flash card can be launched. The Flash Cart revolutionised the GBA home brew scene, and with MAX Media Launcher, it will do for the DS too.
    MAX Media Launcher is compatible with most types of flash cards including M3 and NEO.

Buy at Linkers4U.com

DCEmu Newbie
    London, England, United Kingdom of Great Britain

Default I have mine.....

I have my Max Media Launcher and there are a couple of things I'd like to say;

- If you close the lid without turning off, the NDS will not sleep, the speakers click and the screen blinks on and off. I'm hoping that it is possible to update the MML firmware to correct this.

- The MML splash screen is unnecessary and just increases boot time by a second or two.

Apart from that, lovely.

DCEmu Rookie

isn't the MAX Media Dock better? (from http://www.codejunkies.com)

DCEmu Newbie
    London, England, United Kingdom of Great Britain

They are two entirely different things. The dock is a storage device that fits in the GBA slot, the launcher is required to run programs from a GBA slot storage device (Media Doc, SuperCard, M3 etc) in NDS mode.

DCEmu Rookie

what?! i thought you could run homebrew stuff with MAX Media Dock. it says it has built in media player!

Quote Originally Posted by datel

MAX Media Dock is an amazing new storage device for your DS and DS Lite console.

MAX Media Dock allows you to store and access content saved on any Compact Flash card, releasing the potential of your DS as a full media playback device!

MAX Media Dock is compatible with readily available Compact Flash cards which offer some of the best value flash memory around. Cards up to 8GB can simply be snapped into the MAX Media Dock providing access to huge storage potential on your DS.

MAX Media Dock includes the Max Media Player/Dock DS cartridge which allows you to navigate and run content stored on your MAX Media Dock’s Compact Flash card though an intuitive, stylus controlled browser interface.

To get all that content onto your MAX Media Dock use the built in High Speed USB 2.0 port to connect the Media Dock to your PC. Windows will automatically recognise your card allowing you to quickly and easily Drag and Drop content onto it.

With MAX Media Dock you will also be able to enjoy numerous games and applications developed by talented programmers in the DS’s thriving ‘Homebrew’ community as well as watch high quality video and listen to MP3s!

MAX Media Dock is also available with 1GB and 2GB Compact Flash cards included, see alternative items.

MAX Media Dock is perfect for Movies, Music, Games, Home Brew and more!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Rave
    - If you close the lid without turning off, the NDS will not sleep, the speakers click and the screen blinks on and off. I'm hoping that it is possible to update the MML firmware to correct this.

Humm. That sounds pretty bad but im still gonna buy this

I have same problem if i play Advance Wars DS Europe version :O

DCEmu Rookie

Why not MAX Media Dock!?!?!?

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up Max Media Launcher for NDS

*edited for spam*

DCEmu Newbie

i have a max media player and i have a question:

I have a ezf advance (gba) flashcart
    I use the .nds to .gba converter, but when i fire up the nds, all i get after the load screen is a white screen. What gives? Am i doing something wrong??

This is great. This was just what i was looking for. Is this all i need to run homebrew on my new DS lite? Sorry for any dumb questions. See i'm from the psp scene and really don't know exactly what i need to run homebrew on my new DS. Your answers are appriciated and if you need help with homebrew for psp...well just read my banner and you'll know what to do.

Is this all i need to run homebrew on my new DS lite?

Ok now...How do you install Homebrew and emulaters?

Do i need something to hook up my GBA cartridge
    to the PC so i can put files on it?

What are the best emulators for DS,GBA,SNES,NES,SEGA, and any others, aloung with homebrew games/Apps?

I'm assuming that Max media launcher is what hooks up into the DS slot. And i need to buy something that goes in the GBA slot as the Memory card. If so then what are the best GBA memory card (SD, flash card or any others) that is fully compatibable with all homebrew for the DS and the GBA?

Thank you for all the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information