Thread: Microsoft releases Windows Vista Beta 2 to public

Blog Entries

Forum Microsoft releases Windows Vista Beta 2 to public

If you've been wondering what all the fuss was about ever since Microsoft announced a successor to Windows XP back in July of 2001, and weren't up all night downloading beta operating systems like we always seem to be, you might have missed the fact that Microsoft has released the Windows Vista Beta 2 to the public as a free download yesterday. Developers have already been spending some quality time with the build, and it looks like things are finally coming together for Microsoft -- but there are still plenty of compatibility woes, interface oddities, and just plain sluggishness in the OS. Some of the "change for change's sake" has a few reviewers riled up, and Vista is really not recommended for consistent exposure right now. But hey, it's free. There are a limited number of Beta slots, and once they're gone they're gone, so we recommend moseying on over before you miss out on the real deal and have to hit your local torrent tracker. You'll need a DVD burner to create an install disc of Beta 2 and the Release Candidate 1 when it comes out -- signing up for the beta gets you both -- or you can give Microsoft $10 for shipping and production costs and they'll send you the goods in 2 to 4 weeks (by which time they'll surely be readying the release of the next Vista beta build).

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

3.5gb!!!!!!!! That will take me a month! No joke! I downloaded a 800mb zip folder with every SNES roms realesed in the US and it took me about 12days staright!!!!!!!!!!! LOL dial-up isn't even on that chart.

Dail-up-----------56k------------1 Month

I need faster internet

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

its lager for 64bit version - I'm gussing that why they are realeasing about 5 lesser versions heh

Thread Information