Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boxy II version 0.3a

DCEmu Coder

psp Boxy II version 0.3a

Hi folks,

due to an very bad error i have made this new edition with only bugfix but that will make it easier to play longer

version 0.3a third release
    ------------
    Fixes
    ------------

- fixed the next music song bug, no it doesn't crash when a song is ended

greetings Ghoti

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

alrite!
    This game is sooo a-$#@!-ting!
    Good job bro!

DCEmu Pro

ahhh now it works, GREAT GAME...

...Love it loads

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Ghoti! I meant to post these last night but it was really late... Plus the PS2Dev thread wasn't updated yet... And remember all these happen in 2.0 tiff (some may not happen in other fw or using GTA).

Player bugs (Really a great feature! Loved it in DualTetris!):

*Having no music will crash my PSP when I try to start the game
    *Crashes on the end of the music (must rename the "Boxy2" folder to something else)
    *Music won't unload after you quit the game. It'll loop in the main menu (the menu animation will lag). If you start a new game it'll play the following music (even if the previous is still playing)
    *Lower bitrate musics play way fast (had a 64kb 22khz mp3 I ripped from a flash file)!
    *R will make the PSP crash (new in the fix - must rename the "Boxy2" folder to something else)

Ingame bugs:

*Special block filled the screen with marked to delete blocks and made me lose the game... Too quick for a screenshot... Next to the left border
    *Droped the first piece (after I started a new game) right next the left border and one of th colors disapeared... Was sweeped right after so no screenshot
    *Quick screen blackout sometimes (real quick... a small fraction of a second).

Some suggestions:

*Maybe implement truetype fonts (maybe one for each theme). Some text gfx could be replaced this way... Plus nicer fonts for all the text in the menus. Less files also (I hate the fact the number of files - not the size of them - eats up so much space...). You can get it here.
    *Maybe playlist support and creation (for later release maybe )
    *Random and repeat functions (again maybe later)
    *Go to previous music pressing L

P.S.: The game can get really big if we have lots of themes... Zip or cab compression could be a way out (sorry to keep pushing ... it's just that my MS is almost always full and this would shave a couple of MB. CAB here (implement in an unofficial RIN release). Zip here.

DCEmu Coder

everytime i repair some errors new ones come
    i'll look into them :s It is however very difficult for me since i have no 2.0+ firmware and alot of the crashes people say i don't have so it is hard for me to solve them

but i will look into it and thanks for all the feedback i appreciate it very much and it is very helpfull

DCEmu Coder

Hi folks,

Alot of users who have problems with crashes and so have stated that using normal names for the game folders correct alot of crashes. It seems that my renaming (which i do only when i release it) causes trouble for some. Out the top of my head the names should be:

Boxy2
    Boxy2%

please let me now if this also helps on fw2+

thanks in advance

(if it does help i won't release the game anmore with the renaming)

DCEmu Newbie

I personaly convert all my homebrew to 1.0 format (merge the 2 eboots) so there is only a "Boxy2" folder (no % folder for anything). I'll try renaming the folder and see what happens.

Edit:

That fixed the song end crash and the R (next song crash)! Something related with the path and folder name... The others remain... Updated my previous post to state this.

Noticed a new thing though:

*When a music ends at the same time that the theme changes, the music will loop and play for 1-2 seconds, and after the next music will start to play. Happened with a 2:58 music that happened to be the first to play

DCEmu Newbie

Ghoti wanna see another one of my strange findings

That one envolved a special block making a large area be selected for deletion but then this happed... This was while the line was sweeping that area I guess

DCEmu Coder

once again very much thanks for your feedback, but i also saw this one i if i am not mistaken it is corrected. Version 0.4 is almost done and has a chaos game mode in it (no sound effect though, don't know yet how to implement it)

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti
    once again very much thanks for your feedback, but i also saw this one i if i am not mistaken it is corrected. Version 0.4 is almost done and has a chaos game mode in it (no sound effect though, don't know yet how to implement it)
    Great! Sounds real good! can't wait till the next version!

Have you also seen that one in which the screen will fill with marked to delet blocks and make you lose (I posted this one here in a previous post). I've been able to reproduce it but al I remember is that it involved a special block above some others, droping after a marked to delete beneath it was erased, forming a that giant amount of marked to delete blocks after the drop... kind of confusing even for me who have seen it before to explain ).

Edit:

Well anyway the bug I described before the "Edit" seems to be caused in part by the same thing as the one bellow. When a pieces slides rigth near another while dropping, it seems that for a fraction of a second it is marked for deletion (and I've actually seen this since in some busier moments the game may lag a little)... In this case it turned a special block into anormal one...

While piece drops:

After sweep (took me a while to realise and grab my camera... had the screenshot because I was trying to cause the "screen full of marked to delete blocks" bug and that seemed like it would cause it...):

Played for quite a while! first time I reached level 17 without a crash! I had about 17xxxx points! I lose almost all my games crashing and sometimes the highscores become corrupt because of that... Blasted random crashes!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information