Thread: Review: NEXiLUX Game Genie Turbo 360 Pre-Installed Controller

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

xbox 360 Review: NEXiLUX Game Genie Turbo 360 Pre-Installed Controller

NEXiLUX Game Genie Turbo 360 Pre-Installed Controller
    Manufacturer: NEXiLUX
    Site: Buy from TotalConsole
    Price: $49.99

Overview : With Game Genie Mod, your controller gives you extra powers. Your triggers are individually configurable with settings from one (1) to ten (10) clicks/second. Whether on a FPS, Fighting game, Sports game, Game Genie mod is your best ally against the adversary.

Features:
    • Customizable triggers actions: from 1 to 10 Clicks/Second.
    • Both triggers can be customizable with a different action.
    • Power UP against your opponents in and FPS, Sport or Fight games.

Quality/Usability : Usually, when you purchase a product like this that adds turbo/rapid fire, its either an add-on or an aftermarket controller. Instead of releasing an add-on peripheral or an aftermarket controller, NEXiLUX decided to stick with what is better...the Official Microsoft Xbox 360 controller. Since the Game Genie Turbo 360 is pre-installed, there is nothing you need to do. All the hard work such as drilling and soldering is done for you. All you have to do is open the package, sync controller to Xbox 360 console and wreak havoc! Video's of the installation process can be found on our YouTube page which consists of three parts to the install - [video=youtube;dXg9zKqzaeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pUmwoz0vxc]here[/url] [1/3], [2/3] and [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXg9zKqzaeY[/video] [3/3].

Since NEXiLUX used an Official Xbox 360 controller, you'll know you'll have a durable and reliable product. However, in order to have modify the controller, NEXiLUX had to open the controller, drill holes and solder wires. Just like opening any electronic, this voids the manufacture warranty on the controller. So if something should happen to the controller, you'll have to go and buy a new one. Nothing is included except for black and white photocopy instructions, controller wrapped in a bubble wrap bag, battery cover and white box with NEXiLUX Game Genie Turbo 360 sticker.

The controller is the same as if you were to buy it from a store minus the packaging. The only difference is 3 buttons added to the back of the controller. They are placed underneath the controller for your middle fingers (two black - rapid/auto fire buttons), while the third button (red - configuration) is located for use with your ring finger or pinky. The two black buttons are on each side and act as the RT and LT but with rapid/auto fire functions. The red configuration button on under the black button on the RT side. To configure the RT trigger auto fire on the controller, press and hold down the configuration button and press the left or right auto trigger the number of times you want to auto fire. So if you press it 6 times, it will auto fire 6 times. Press it 10 times, it will auto fire 10 times. You set it from 1-10 shots/second. Release the configuration button. Now, each time you press the auto fire trigger, it will auto fire. *NOTE: Be sure to set this at a speed that will not get you banned. Doing it too quick can get you banned if you play online. Your original RT and LT trigger buttons will continue to work as normal. So each time you press it, it will fire once. Hold it down and it will fire once.

The video below will show you what is included and how to set it up.

The buttons themselves are sturdy and do not wobble. However, they are stiff when you press them so you will hear a clicking sound when pressed. Since the buttons are thin, it may feel a little uncomfortable when pressed. The location of the buttons were perfect as that is where my fingers would have been, so accessing the turbo buttons was readily available when needed. I have been told that Chatpad works with the controller. I don't own one so I am unable to confirm.

Below are videos of the NEXiLUX Game Genie Turbo 360 Pre-Installed Controller in action:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Gears of War 2

Street Fighter

Conclusion : Overall, the NEXiLUX Game Genie Turbo 360 Pre-Installed Controller is a great auto fire without the extra frills or add-ons. All NEXiLUX did was take an Official Xbox 360 controller and modded it. You get the same durability and reliability with the added feature. The buttons were a bit thin and stiff. Would have been nice if the buttons were wider, less stiff and maybe closer to the shell of the controller rather than protruding. However, the parts that I suggested probably arent even available or would be compatible or I'm just being too picky (LOL) - [wider buttons are being tested]. Due note that like the XCM XFPS' that allows you to use a keyboard/mouse, some gamers consider this as a cheating device as this gives you an advantage over them. There is no way to detect what peripherals are being used but its how you play that may get you the boot. Use this at you own risk if using this on Xbox Live and playing against other gamers online.

What thing I did notice is that my RB button doesnt really click when you press the button near the edge but it still registers and works. It only clicks when you press near the center. I dont know if this how the controller is or after NEXiLUX put the controller back [I have been told this has been fixed]. The LB clicks no matter where you press. Since NEXiLUX had to gain access to the 7th screw located underneath the serial number/barcode in the battery compartment, they placed hologram sticker that has "2008" and a check mark printed on it [I have been told this is for warranty purposes]. I guess this is for quality assurance and their certificate.

DIGG THIS

Images via comments.
    Last edited by bandit; May 5th, 2010 at 00:04.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Thread Information