Posted at dreamcast-scene.com

At DreamCon Goat Announced 12 Dreamcast games to be published for the year 2006/2007. So far details are sparse. Recently the team responsible for the upcoming game “Samurai Warrior” made a surprise appearance at out forum and enlightened us about the upcoming game.

Hey everyone! Actually Samurai Warrior is officially named as "Yumi: Samurai Warrior" and that is my game ^^. Basically I asked Roel from Senile Team permission to use BoR as a basis for an original game using a very enhanced engine of "BoRHED" first coded off of Openbor by Kirby2000 and carried over by Lord Ball. Fugue, SamuraiX and Lord Ball will be the primary "builders" of this new engine.

The game is based on a very ancient 12th century japanese samurai named Tomoe Gozen. Her life itself is in mystery but what I've "deciphered" so far is that she comes into life like a fast wind and leaves just as fast. That leaves me alot of room to work with.

I "ceremonially" introduced myself at the show to "Mr. Dan" with these graphics on my custom t-shirt that I made.

I'm not sure if my introduction at the show was a laugh or...odd or whatever but it was cool to actually introduce the mod myself Of course, Dan would probably have it that way since I kind of threw the idea at him fast but now that I have the official approval from GOAT, I'm rolling with it!

Basically Yumi (the samurai in this game) will introduce herself early on as an assassin and in the first level I'm going to try to throw in alot of new elements from the get go, especially the stealth system I talked about at the show. The game will then throw Yumi into the legendary Genpai war; that'll choose the first Shogun of Japan.

The art style I'm going to go for is going to be similar to Okami (if you're familiar with the Flash game on the clover studios website) and if you look at any ancient woodblock painting or wallscroll, that's what I'd like to go for as well. Slighty anime-ish.

Like I said over at BoR Rev, I'll post an offical thread about the game later hopefully with wip screenshots and things to show you guys just how original I want to make this game. I might refer to this game as a bor mod, but when I'm done, I hope that the notion of this game still being based on BoR will be a small memory.