Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downgrade 2.5 to 1.5 possible?

Unhappy Downgrade 2.5 to 1.5 possible?

I noticed the main thread to downgrade v.2.0 to 1.5.

Though is there a way to downgrade 2.5? I'm pretty sure there is, but I'm unable to find out. A simple link to where as will be appreciated!

NO it is not possible. A simple search either here or any other psp site would have told you this.

No need to be so stuck up^^^.
    At the moment you can run homebrew through the eloader or you can buy the undiluted platnium mod chip.

He's not being stuck up, he's just tired of people who can't do a little searching, and so am I.

Im just saying that everyone at some point asks questions that can be found out through a search. Its his first post, cut some slack. It would be different if a member who had been here a bit longer asked. Its how you learn how things work.
    If members are rude then it just makes things unplesant for others. Do you know what I mean?
    My feelings are summed up by that guy in the "be nice to noobs" thread. But yeah, I see where you are coming from aswell.

Default thank you...thank you....the be nice to noobs forum was ME and jmanummkay!

bsides we all have to ask questions after all...THE ONLY DUMB QUESTION IS THE ONE YOU DO NOT ASK! in anyrelationship of any kind you need 3 things for it to work..
    TRUST
    RESPECT
    COMMUNICATION
    they go hand and hand loose one....they all fall
    quote from VETTA X...lol
    Qk WHY CANT I DOWNGRADE A 2.5 psp?

A: kenall access has been disabled in versions 2.01,2.5,2.6,2.7,and2.71 so untill we find a way to open the kernall access again we wont be able to downgrade these firmewares i listed sorry but the good news is you will be able to soon ( VIA the new mod chip wich does RE-open kernall use and allows you to freeley enjoy both homebrew AND THE COMMERCIAL scene at ANY firmeware U DESIRE! so keep and eye out

It doesn't really re-open kernal access, it uses another flash chip, which in turn allows you to use two firmwares on one psp.

DCEmu Rookie

Nobody gets it. 2.0 doesnt have kernal mode.

You can access the flash in user mode. This was done in 2.0. For 2.01, sony changed where version information is stored. That is why we cant downgrade anything higher than 2.0.

Oh yes vetta! It was you... I bow my head in shame for forgetting! lol. Oops!

DCEmu Newbie

Well, I finally could afford it, so I bought a PSP this last weekend and a few games, and I have been lurkin gthis website for info on playing emulated games(nes, gameboy, homebrew) but it seems complicated and I don't think my system can do it. My system has the writing on the inside of the case where you put the UMD, so its a TA-082 and GTA Liberty is the patched version which says I need to upgrade to 2.6. THe system I bought is 2.5, and I read on this site that you can play emulators on the system, but I think my system can't. unless I take a huge risk on making my system a brick. Do you think I should just wait and hope someone cracks the code for my set-up, or should I try to trade mine for something usable. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in Advance. Please email me at [email protected].

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information