Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article - The State of Homebrew On All Consoles

DCEmu Rookie

Or buy 3 wii's

video game systems had past in time, now there powerful computers.
    i just want to cry.

DCEmu Rookie

A computer (generally) will not be able to render games the same way a console will.
    Namely because the game console (not counting the Xbox) is devoted to gameing, with your PC there is a giant bloated OS (or linux) running.

DCEmu Rookie

The problem wil be mostly that you will want to run homebrew native, not via Linux (with the gp2X that is native), maybe some bootloader can be made someday that boots the code.
    what are you blithering about?

You notice that the linux installed on ps3 is hacked down version highly secured and designed only for sony needs.
    im highly interested in this claim.... could you provide a source for that statment?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by scorpei
    A computer (generally) will not be able to render games the same way a console will.
    Namely because the game console (not counting the Xbox) is devoted to gameing, with your PC there is a giant bloated OS (or linux) running.
    did this forum just get hit over the head with an idiot stick?

a PC of the same specs as a ps2 would not be able to render games as well as a ps2, granted, but a pc with an fx-60, 4 gig of ram and whatever the hell the latest gfx cards are up to now.... that would seriously whoop a nes.

DCEmu Rookie

oooh oooh

you've been /.ed again

prepare for DCEmu breaking....

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by jimjamjahaa
    did this forum just get hit over the head with an idiot stick?

a PC of the same specs as a ps2 would not be able to render games as well as a ps2, granted, but a pc with an fx-60, 4 gig of ram and whatever the hell the latest gfx cards are up to now.... that would seriously whoop a nes.
    1. Why do you bring up the nes?
    I know that a PC from 15 years from now will probably be better/give better graphics then any console around today (not to mention the fact that a PC monitor can display way more pixels then any TV). But that is not a real comparison.
    2. I was talking about things humanly possible.
    If you get yourself a PC that has 4gigs ram, I have no idea what card you are talking about so let's just pick a nice quadro, then yes you will probably be able to render a nice bit of sceen.
    But then the costs would get way higher.

Yes gameconsoles get old.
    If you buy a nice (uhum) XBOX360 at release date the graphs will be nice (never will be able to get close to the resolution a PC has, since the XBOX can only display on a HD-TV or normal TV).
    But there will be a better PC waiting in line 2 months later (if not earlier).
    However chances are it will be much higher priced.

Thats the issue, you buy a gameconsole because it's easy and nice.
    You don't buy it because the graphics are the best of the best.
    And in time your console will become obsolete, the hardware will simply become old.
    This happens to PC's too, but if you take a computer as 1 thing it will keep getting better and better.

__note__
    I said (just noticed this) that a pc would not be able to render video in the same way. I said nothing of quality
    What I meant with that comment specifically is that your PC is also used for a lot of other things.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by scorpei
    1. Why do you bring up the nes?
    I know that a PC from 15 years from now will probably be better/give better graphics then any console around today (not to mention the fact that a PC monitor can display way more pixels then any TV). But that is not a real comparison.
    2. I was talking about things humanly possible.
    If you get yourself a PC that has 4gigs ram, I have no idea what card you are talking about so let's just pick a nice quadro, then yes you will probably be able to render a nice bit of sceen.
    But then the costs would get way higher.

Yes gameconsoles get old.
    If you buy a nice (uhum) XBOX360 at release date the graphs will be nice (never will be able to get close to the resolution a PC has, since the XBOX can only display on a HD-TV or normal TV).
    But there will be a better PC waiting in line 2 months later (if not earlier).
    However chances are it will be much higher priced.

Thats the issue, you buy a gameconsole because it's easy and nice.
    You don't buy it because the graphics are the best of the best.
    And in time your console will become obsolete, the hardware will simply become old.
    This happens to PC's too, but if you take a computer as 1 thing it will keep getting better and better.

__note__
    I said (just noticed this) that a pc would not be able to render video in the same way. I said nothing of quality
    What I meant with that comment specifically is that your PC is also used for a lot of other things.

ooookay then

to me, it sounded as if you were saying that a computer will never be as good as a console in graphics... or gaming in general.... which is a complete fallacy

if you were to have said consoles are better when compared to equivilently priced pc's you might have been on to something.

even the supposedly "ridiculously expensive" ps3 is incredible value compared to a pc in terms of computing ability

edit: and with linux it might just do 90% of the stuff your pc does anyway

DCEmu Rookie

I said (or wanted to) say that .

As with the Linux of the ps3, we will have to see where that takes us. It all depens on what we would be allowed to do with it.

DCEmu Newbie

The soon to be Undiluted Platinum Modchip will open the door to everyone who wishes to run homebrew on any firmware, it will also open the door to kernal mode for all, so full speed Nintendo 64 and GBA Emulators come a step closer.
    The GBA is not defunked yet, so go buy one and stop pirating GBA games.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information