Thread: My Galaxy Eagle i review :)

DCEmu Newbie

Default My Galaxy Eagle i review :)

I got a new DS card to Review recently........

It's a Galaxy Eagle ( i ) SLOT 1 DS card

Here's My review ...

note:- (LOTS OF IMAGES to follow so dial up users BEWARE may take some time loading!!!)

Spoiler!

Unboxing the Galaxy Eagle i card It comes with a carry case similar to the old R4 cards and a card reader that also

looks the same as the old R4 micro sd reader

Spoiler!

Instructions and loaders and the all important 1.4 update ## for DSi 1.4 firmware for the Galaxy Eagle i card can be

found at the website www.ge.ndsi.in or get the latest loaders mirrored here >

linfox domain

Instruction manual **

specs from the Galaxy Eagle i website for the card are as follows :-

Spoiler!

** Note: This card is an R4 clone so if you have owned an R4 then you pretty much know how to use this card already!

## Note 2: If your going to make the update for DSi firmware 1.4 then you will either need a DSi with 1.3 firmware or be

able to borrrow a DSlite or DSphat otherwise you will not be able to update the card!

OK so now on with the review ....

For this test I will be using my 1gb kingston micro sd test card ... after downloading the latest loaders (from linfox site ...

GEi_v2.0_English.rar )

Download and unpack the rar files contents to your mem card and you should have a couple of files and folders in the

root of your mem card as follows :-
    Spoiler!

## If you wish to update your Galaxy Eagle i card then you will also need to download the GEi_firmware_v1.4.rar

nds file (unpack the nds file and copy it to your micro sd) once its on your mem card put the micro sd into your Galaxy

Eagle i card and put it in your DSlite/DSphat/DSi with 1.3 firwmare and start the console up...

Once loader you must run the update nds file by first clicking the GAME icon (This is the icon also used for loading

games/appz and homebrew) see image below

Once you have located and selected the update nds file start the update by pressing the (A) button this will start the

Galaxy Eagle i card updating itself DO NOT TURN THE DS OFF OR REMOVE THE CARD at this point otherwise

the card will BRICK and become unusable!!! ... You will be prompted once the update is complete.

a few screen shots of the updating stuff .....

Spoiler!

If the update succeed then when you use it in your DSi 1.4 firmware you will see the now familar ***DANNY PHANTOM

game icon instead of the normal Galaxy Eagle i card icon ..note this is normal and now the icon you select to launch

your Galaxy Eagle i loader

You can put your .nds game or application/homebrew files anywhere on the card but I tend to make a folder called

GAMES or APPZ and keep them organised.

Screen shots of the pretty familiar R4 style interface ..

Spoiler!

Ok so on with the review (note all tests done on DSi with 1.4 firmware and Galaxy Eagle i 2.0 kernel) .......

Games tested :-

Spore Hero - result - WORKS fine
    Assassins creed II - result FAIL - game white dual screens
    C.O.P. The Recruit - result - game LOADS but fails after clicking START
    Casual Nanua - result - WORKS fine
    Pokemon - Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky EUROPE - result - WORKS fine
    Sideswiped - result - WORKS - fine
    Pokemon Diamond - result - WORKS fine

Applications/Homebrew tested:-

GameUp v 3.0 - result - WORKS fine
    Halo DS - result - WORKS fine
    UApaint 1.10 - result - WORKS fine
    Beup 0.5 - result - WORKS fine
    Lameboy 0.12 - result - WORKS fine
    nesDS - result - WORKS fine

Also tested Moonshell with MP3 and DPG files - result - WORKS fine

MY SCORES ON THE DOORS for the Galaxy Eagle i card are :-

7 out of 10

its yet another R4 card clone with a couple of changes and graphic images, It works with 1.4 DSi firmware which is a

bonus along with being SDHC compatible its a good budget card for a beginner or a child with a new DSi for

Christmas etc

prices .... around £17,96 GBP ($25,44 USD) ( € 19,95 EU) Other places may vary in price.. But delivery may take

longer!

Note these are MY VIEWS THOUGHTS and images etc yours may differ along with other reviewers!
    lastly ....thanks goto ..

shop.01media.com

as they are an official distributor for Europe of Galaxy Eagle i cards (Wholesale prices are available along with bulk buy

discounts)

Thanks for supplying my review sample cheers guys!

Hello there, i have a game speed problem with my Galaxy Eagle and i'm wondering if you know anything to fix it

Thread Information