Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No New Custom Firmware 6.xx Gen ?

Blog Entries

psp No New Custom Firmware 6.xx Gen ?

Seems that we may be waiting a fair bit for a new custom firmware, heres the news translated from pspita

In the latter period when they will be asked in many forums discussing the twisting or unnecessary: why in January the team has not released (or made public its intention of wanting to drop) a completely new version of their custom firmware from firmware 6:00 ? The answer comes to us today directly on the French site, and is more complex than expected.
    We start with good news, the team has for some time to work on this concept of CF and, to demonstrate this, gives us the three thumbnail images that you can find below. The matter becomes more complicated, however, the transition from CF 5:50 GEN-D2 to a hypothetical January 6:10 involve a series of complications in the opening game with additional protection and anti-CF homebrew developed for smaller versions that would make de facto incompatible most of the applications currently in circulation. An effort of this kind, which would force all developers to update their work properly, it is in fact justified by the introduction of new features in firmware officer who, remember, is the new SensMe Channel and into your digital comics.
    Finally, however, reminds us that the team will continue to update regularly old version to extend the compatibility and, of course, the design of this new CF will not be abandoned.

Heres hoping team m33 release a much wanted new firmware

DCEmu Regular

I don't think your hoping for team m33 is going to do much, Dark Alex shut up shop a little while ago.

Question is anyone at the GEN team capable of doing a 6.xx cfw? 5.50GEN is just a modified version of 5.00M33 so they never had to do the hard work, i'd like to think they can do it but DAX is one of the only people in the world that really can get it done.

DCEmu Newbie

We won't be seeing anything from Dark Alex since Sony more than likely bought him out

DCEmu Newbie

I'm impressed how well cfw has been able to keep up with Sony's firmware for so long. But I don't think this is a fight we will win.

Back in the early days I had two PSP1000 models. One was updated with the latest of Sony's official firmware, while the other was hacked and used to play homebrew. Eventually, because CFW releases were able to keep up with Sony's, there was no need for my official fw psp so I got rid of it. Then the 2000 came out, so I kept my CFW PSP1000, but only until the 2000 was hacked (which didn't take long!) Sold it.

Now here I am again. I won't update my 2000 to anything higher than 5.00 m33-6, and it's quickly falling behind. So, I bought a PSPgo, which I intend on updating with Sony's newest firmware which stands at 6.20. It appears that this is the way it will stay....but I have been surprised before....I will never get rid of my 2000m33. I love it too much.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by demonolith View Post
    We won't be seeing anything from Dark Alex since Sony more than likely bought him out
    That's a bit far I think. I'm pretty sure he got sick of all of the drama, plus he's still young. He probably wanted to do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by watupgroupie View Post
    That's a bit far I think. I'm pretty sure he got sick of all of the drama, plus he's still young. He probably wanted to do other things.
    If he got a girlfriend, the we can say goodbye to DA :rofl:

By the way, referring to the original post, I will always say that I don't mind waiting if it is for a good purpose, that is, quality, compatibility, reliability, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yakumo View Post
    quality, compatibility, reliability, etc.
    those are the first words that come to mind on a "gen firmware"

Quote Originally Posted by symbal
    Question is anyone at the GEN team capable of doing a 6.xx cfw? 5.50GEN is just a modified version of 5.00M33 so they never had to do the hard work, i'd like to think they can do it but DAX is one of the only people in the world that really can get it done.
    as more and more time passes and they are still basing all their work off of a M33 firmware, i am beginning to wonder that myself

I know team gen is capable, we've all been using stuff from the various coders in team gen since the beginning of psp homebrew. Yoshi I know did a lot in the early psp scene. In fact he was banned here at Dcemu over the Dead to Rights loader for a while. The mere mention of the "Dax pack" was taboo as well. As badass as Dax was or is, he is not the only capable coder in the scene. The psp homebrew scene has degenerated into a large population of adolescent whiners who expect everything they want for free. That's not to say the old hats are disrespectful (they're not, that's how you can tell they've been around a while). I can't stand this nakedFairie dude and I don't even know him...
    Last edited by NoQuarter; November 29th, 2009 at 22:13.

Problem is though Sony made 6.xx fw different enough so it's impossible to just modify 5.xx cfw so they have to almost start from scratch, and early days of the Psp were relatively easier because of more holes in the fw which have now been filled, as much as i'd like to see GEN succeed untill they prove theirself with a new cfw i'd compare them more to car modifiers, just taking an existing machine and adding parts to improve it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information