Thread: Confirmed: PS3 motion-sensing controller will work with FFXIII

Blog Entries

ps3 Confirmed: PS3 motion-sensing controller will work with FFXIII

In an interview with Shinji Hashimoto, Yoshinori Kitase and Tetsuya Nomura about the Final Fantasy XIII project, EGM's Executive Editor Shane Bettenhausen attempts to pry loose rich, succulent information on what is possibly the most desired PS3 title of 2007. Arguments involving the superiority of gears comprised of mainly metal aside, the interview focuses on the background and universe that will encompass Final Fantasy XIII, along with the decisions to go with a tough female lead character. Most interesting in this interview, however, is the confirmation that the PS3's new controller features will be implemented into the final game.

EGM: Will the FFXIII PS3 games use the PS3's motion-sensing controller functionality?
    TN: Yeah, we already have some ideas about how to use it.

Point Uno: The topic of the "Sony to Wii" controller crisis is the possible success story of the new PS3. I may, although, be the downfall as well, as many gamers don't like cheap renditions.

Point Dos: "Final" means last, right? so how have they made 29 Final fantasys?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind
    Point Dos: "Final" means last, right? so how have they made 29 Final fantasys?
    When Square Soft had just started out, they were doing really bad. And, they diecided to release one final game, Final Fantasy. The game was a big hit on the Famicom and the NES, and so the name stuck and Square got enough profits to not have to close up.

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

how will FF incorperate motion sensing, do we have to summon using it as a staff...
    (time for a rant below)
    at the moment the PS3 seems the only console not trying to leave behind the addicts and gain the mass market, sony seem intent on bringing real gamers what they want, and personally i agree,

the wii has proven awkward with "normal games" like zelda and the whole primarily motion control seems weird to me anyway. i like to sit down to play games, if i like tennis, and i want to play tennis, i'll go and play real tennis. i dont want to stand up in front of my TV and swing my arms about. the only good use for the Wii remote is retro games(this part i like, but the psp does it and so does my mac) and FPS, which lightgun games had sorted years ago(they have also suffered greatly in the past years).

the 360 also seemed to disown the hardcore gamers, from what i have heard about walmart and other super markets getting the most stock!

lol, and the funny thing that the FF12 didn't came out yet

Thread Information