Thread: Several PMP Mod Releases by Raphael

Blog Entries

psp Several PMP Mod Releases by Raphael

Raphael has posted several news items/releases on his blog:

PMP Mod AVC subtitle mod

Just today jonny released his new AVC version of PMP Mod, which allows for fullres AVC videos to played on PSP. This is truly amazing, as all the decoding is done by the PSP’s extra decoding hardware and really fast. To compete even more with the good old PMP Mod 2.01, I added subtitle support for this new version in an instant.

So check out the highest possible video quality on PSP with subtitles and enjoy!

Note: This version is limited to Firmware 1.5 currently. A solution for Firmwares 2.0+ is being worked on, though no success can be guaranteed.

PMP Mod on 2.0+ Firmwares now with tiff exploit too

It has been done! Thanks to the great help of tommydanger and his bug tracking skills, the reason for my 2.0+ firmware release to crash with the tiff exploit was found and could be fixed.

It seems that the tiff exploit will cause problems with big memory need and eventually malloc will return legal pointers, even though writing to these locations will cause crashes then. Since I’m not too familiar with the exploit’s internals, I don’t know what exactly causes this misbehaviour and if it is already known to Fanjita. I will let him know about this though.

If you couldn’t tell already by yourself, the download section and FAQ have been updated

PMP Mod on 2.0+ Firmwares

It’s finally done. PMP Mod now officially runs on 2.0+ Firmware with eLoader from Fanjita and Ditlew.

Even though it currently doesn’t work with the tiff exploit, it’s still better, since the GTA exploit works on all firmwares up to 2.6 and the tiff exploit only works on 2.0 Firmware.

Links to the binary and the sources are available in the download section. The FAQ has also been updated.

Enjoy!

Download all the files and Give Feedback Via The Comments

wow! PMP on 2.0+ is pretty huge. thanks for the downloads wrag

full res avc videos now thats where its at thanks alot guys good job

I just downloaded AVC Sub and it appears to be the same AVC version 1.0 file with NO sub support (no changes)... Is it just me who's experiencing this?

Great work Raphael This is such a usefull app

DCEmu Newbie

No matter which of the newer versions I take (since vers. 2.0), none of my converted .pmp video files run with the the PMP Mod. How do I have to convert avi files now, so that they will run on newer versions of the PMP Mod?

Thanks!

BOzard

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by BOzard
    No matter which of the newer versions I take (since vers. 2.0), none of my converted .pmp video files run with the the PMP Mod. How do I have to convert avi files now, so that they will run on newer versions of the PMP Mod?

Thanks!

BOzard
    use the conversion option in xvid4psp (that app can convert 1.00 pmp to 2.00 )

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Moning2
    use the conversion option in xvid4psp (that app can convert 1.00 pmp to 2.00 )
    Alright. I'll try it. Thank you Moning2

BOzard

Thread Information