Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review: XCM Cross Battle Adapter 2.0

DCEmu Newbie

i just recently got the xcom off ebay and was trying it with GT5 Prologue.

i changed it so the left and right triggers were break and throttle, but when i use them there's no longer any subtle changes. there's only full on stop or go.

is there any way to get the analog function back for those buttons? i don't want to use the bumpers for rancing games >>

thanks in advance for any help.

I have a question: can i swap RT with A button? I want to play some racing games like Burnout Paradise or Split Second,but acceleration in those games is strictly on RT right trigger. I was raised on Gran Turismo kind of controls,X -acceleration,circle or cube-brakes.I'll get this XCM cross battle adapter 2.0 immediately,if its possible to put acceleration on A button. THANKS

@chiyo18 please can you send me an answer if you know??? THANKS

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKO-CRO View Post
    I have a question: can i swap RT with A button? I want to play some racing games like Burnout Paradise or Split Second,but acceleration in those games is strictly on RT right trigger. I was raised on Gran Turismo kind of controls,X -acceleration,circle or cube-brakes.I'll get this XCM cross battle adapter 2.0 immediately,if its possible to put acceleration on A button. THANKS
    As shown on our YouTube page, the video from XCM shows that you can swap buttons

Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Thanks again Bandit!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Pebkac View Post

It all works fine mostly, however there seems to be a small but annoying acceleration issue when looking right with the analog stick. I'm hoping someone who also has one of these can check this and tell me if it's a common bug, or my unit is faulty.

THis should result in a smooth acceleration from turning around slowly to turning around quickly. However, with the Cross battle adapter there seems to be an issue where at some point it goes from turning slowly to turning around super fast, even though the stick isn't fully tilted to the right yet.
    I was just looking online to see if I had a faulty unit or if this was a typical problem. I have the EXACT same problem. It happens in MW2 and Bad Company 2. I've tried it with two different wired XBox 360 controllers with the same result.

I'm bummed because now I'm thinking that this is just a flaw in the design of the XCM unit.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Korjyan View Post
    I once ordered the Cross Battle Adapter Plus with Rumble but unfortunately had to send it back because the thumb sticks didn't work properly in Uncharted. I was always just walking (instead of running) when moving forwards like the thumb stick was only being pressed very lightly. So I could never run in the game and only slowly walk all the time.

Has this been fixed as well? Do you own Uncharted and can test it maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    It could have been a defect or a flaw in CBA PLUS. Unfortunately, I dont own Uncharted anymore. I play and trade my games on Goozex (US/EU).

I havent had any problems with CBA 2.0 thus far.
    I just got CBA 2.0 and tested it so far in MGS4, Uncharted 2 and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. I confirm this no longer happens in Uncharted 2 BUT it still does when you tilt the thumbstick to the top left (NW), even at full. I suspect this might be an "incompatibility" between the X360 controller itself, XCM and the games. I think that because when I plug the X360 controller in my PC and run calibration I see the crosshair for the L analog doesn't reach the top left corner of the box as far as the top right corner of it.

Also in MGS4 Snake will walk instead of running when you tilt NW as well. Curiously it never does it on NE, but can do it at SW and SE sometimes.

bandit do you have MGS4 that you could test this for me? I just want to know if either my controller or XCM are at fault. I'm going to send you a PM (hope you don't mind), because I have about 3 more days to test this before I can ask for a refund/replacement. I took some time to start testing it because I still hadn't a wired 360 controller at the time I received the XCM :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pebkac View Post
    Sorry to bump, but I bought one of these the other day and I want to know if I'm going crazy or not!

It all works fine mostly, however there seems to be a small but annoying acceleration issue when looking right with the analog stick. I'm hoping someone who also has one of these can check this and tell me if it's a common bug, or my unit is faulty.

Here's how to replicate (I was using Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo, but is same in other FPSs I tried):

When in a fist person shooter slowly nudge the right stick to the right (ie. spin around clock-wise), starting off just a little, then push it more and more to the far right.

THis should result in a smooth acceleration from turning around slowly to turning around quickly. However, with the Cross battle adapter there seems to be an issue where at some point it goes from turning slowly to turning around super fast, even though the stick isn't fully tilted to the right yet.

I hope that made sense. The weird thing is it DOESN'T do this when nudging the stick to the left to turn counter-clockwise!

I have checked the controller on an xbox to make sure it wasn't the controller' fault, but turning is smooth so I don't think there is any issue with the controller. Acceleration is also smooth with a PS3 controller so I know it's not the game itself.

I would really appreciate the help as I'd like to know if I should send it back for a replacement. If someone can try this out with their own cross battle I would be eternally grateful!
    Same happens to me in Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 when walking/running around Adventure Mode. Naruto never walks to the right, he just runs, no matter how slow I tilt. No biggie, but just used it as a test. The same happens in Assassin's Creed, but you can still walk very slowly.
    Last edited by pedrovsk; December 15th, 2010 at 04:35.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information