Thread: How do you make a scripted flash file into a Flash Video only?

DCEmu Regular

Default How do you make a scripted flash file into a Flash Video only?

How do you make a scripted flash file into a Flash Video only?

i hope u understand what i meant folks, for example wen u get a SWF that is all scripted and has all these different objects in them, how do u get it into a SWF Flash Video? so it would play exactly like the scripted file but it would only be a video file?

i tried importing the file into Flash MX 2004, and it kinda worked but not by far.

i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me on this.

thanks very much.

The easy answer is: you can't. That is, (as far as I know) there is no program that will render the actionscript into a video file. I have been hoping for a native function within Flash to do this ever since version 4 and have been spamming them to include it... but, nothing yet.

It would be helpful to know why you need to do this, as that would help in explaining possible work-a-rounds, but the simplest solution is to take a screen capture video of the running flash file, then import that movie into a flv converter, and then export it as flv.

The problem with that solution is that it requires video capturing capabilities. If you lack that (or any of the other nessecary components), the simplest solution that I can think of would be to physically recreate the actionscript animation on the stage. This shouldn't be too hard if it's not very complex, but even if it is, you <i>can</i> use JSFL to recreate many actionscript effects. JSFL gives you all the benefits of scripted motion with the additional benefit of actual physical changes that you can easily output to video. Of course, if you've never used it before, there is a nasty learning process while trying to figure out what it can do, and how to do it.

Ok, I'm kinda lost here. I think I get what you're saying though. Do you want this action scripted movie or whatever you're working with to be able to run without using flash? Because that can be done. Or are you wanting to make it into like an mpg video file? Elaborate a bit.

DCEmu Regular

thats it! Action Script!

well wat im trying to do is, take a flash file for example like MK vs SF or any demostration vids that are on flash and turn them into a flash file that is only video, whereas it will be a flash video where u would view it in places like Google Video or YouTube.

that sort of thing.

Well, like b8a said, you can't do it in flash. I was thinking you had a game you made or something and you wanted to make it so you could play it without running in flash.

<u>Most</u> of those demo swfs floating around the internet have very little actionscript in them and can easily be converted to video files.

However, as a Flash developer, I strongly suggest that you get permission from the original author(s) before you begin playing around with one of their creations, especially if you plan to redistribute them.

DCEmu Regular

i am actually doing it for myself and purpose, so its really going nowhere like on the net.

DCEmu Regular

okay then...

can anyone then recommend me a screen capture software? also that can capture playnig action script flashes?

DCEmu Regular

anyone?

i used Screen Vidshot and ACA Capture Pro, and recorded the flash while it was playing in the desktop with Flash Player 8 of course, and when it came to actually playing the video file, the frame rate is absolutly awful!

there is no way where i can change the settings to make the frame rate better or to improve it. so im stuck here.

can anyone help me on this?

please?

DCEmu Regular

anyone at all?

please?

Thread Information