Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New GTA requires 2.60 update plus savedata exploit has been patched

DCEmu Regular

it would of said corrupt save or something he prob didnt put all the files n his psp r sumn lol

Well if this is true, it is a small blow to the homebrew community. There are still people unaware of the homebrew phenomenon for the PSP and when they discover it they will rush out to get a copy of GTA.

The GTA exploit has had its time in the spotlight and will continue. Perhaps some more exploits can be found. Or better, a downgrader for 2.01+ PSP's.

Then there is the MOD CHIP.

PSP Homebrew will never die! It has come too far and gained too much momentum.

Must find GTA before these changes make it into shops here, or failing that find a second hand one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawq
    Must find GTA before these changes make it into shops here, or failing that find a second hand one.
    Well, the UMD ID will likely be different on the new version. Find out what "ULUS" number is on the package of the original GTA & make sure you look for that specific version in the stores.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    Well, the UMD ID will likely be different on the new version. Find out what "ULUS" number is on the package of the original GTA & make sure you look for that specific version in the stores.
    This is exactly the approach we need. We need to find a physical difference in the two versions so people know to buy the old/good version instead of the new/crap version.

There are tons of used copies of LCS around. Lots of people actually bought the game to--get this--play it, and they know nothing about the exploit. So they finished the game and traded it back in.

If there's some way to discern between the two versions just by examining either the UMD or the packaging, it really shouldn't slow down the scene. Finding the old/good version should be easy enough if you know what to look for.

We dont need to do anything. If you people we're smart you would go online and trade in your 2.01+ for a 1.00, 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, or 2.00 sealed PSP. 1.50 owns and always will. The 2.01+ exploit/eloader is ridiculous and even if I had a 2.50 i wouldnt waste my time because it's not smooth at all and it operates as a beta almost. I cringe to even operate at the 2.00 method to load games nonetheless 2.01 and up. If you had 1.50 and had homebrew you would never upgrade. All of you who are above 2.00 are screwed as of now because there is no version changer to stop you from upgrades. If I were you, i'd just wait for the outcome on the chip after a week or 2 to ensure that it is safe. peace

to be honest, anyone who has a psp and didnt buy GTA already i ask you, WHY? its the only reason i got a psp. that and wipeout fusion.

A way of recognising the version number before buying is what we need, even if it freaks the stores out. I went into my local gamestop and asked if theystill had any "Type A PSPs." Getting a dumbfounded look in return, i asked if i could examine their stock. The manager looked like he was going to whip out a 12-gauge on me, but then relented and allowed me to look at them (under supervision of course). Lo and behold...at the bottom of the pile of G and H PSPs, there was a B. There is a god.

Tough luck for the people who got the new GTA.

Goood thing I got mine a while ago.

Lt-Razorworks (or should I say Brad): if you didn't bring your PSP to school everyday like I do, it wouldn't have gotten stolen!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information